• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do the Milk Floats always have to out accelerate you at traffic lights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do the Milk Floats always have to out accelerate you at traffic lights

Morning All,

I am noticing a pattern with these Milk Floats, they often assume there's a competition and do a grand prix start at traffic lights

Sat in my own car, and being somebody more interested in the analogue mechanical holistic driving experience, why would I exert all of those capable forces on the car I own just for some nonsense with somebody driving a Milk Float ?

I guess the zooming away at the lights compensates for the lack or endurance.

Whatta you all think ?

Milan.

p.s. I have nothing against Milk Floats or the people who choose to use them

maybe it's just you?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Morning All,

I am noticing a pattern with these Milk Floats, they often assume there's a competition and do a grand prix start at traffic lights

Sat in my own car, and being somebody more interested in the analogue mechanical holistic driving experience, why would I exert all of those capable forces on the car I own just for some nonsense with somebody driving a Milk Float ?

Whatta you all think ?

Milan.

p.s. I have nothing against Milk Floats or the people who choose to use them
      The formatting of this post looks familiar. Say something 'ist' then put a disclaimer that you aren't 'ist' because you have a friend of said 'ist'. Classic case here. You are most definitely Milk Floatist. You didn't even say you had a friend that had one for crying out loud.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't think they do, actually.

Firstly EVs have power as soon as you press the accelerator, no waiting around to engage the clutch nice and smoothly, or for the torque convertor or auto-clutch to do its thing. Take off is pretty much instant.

Secondly the general standard of driving is so poor that people aren't really capable of moderating their acceleration or braking, it's more a case of hit the pedal and wait.

And thirdly, even a tulipty EV has very good initial acceleration, given that torque is highest at zero revs, so granny in her Aygo will bet you to 20 mph every time.

Idiots in cheapo Teslas thinking they have expensive Lamborghinis excepted of course...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Whatta you all think ?
          Not compensating for anything, just pressing the accelerator pedal less than you.
          Dinosaurs became extinct, but at least their decay could be used to power old fashioned cars. What’s you’re excuse?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't have an excuse, I simply enjoy mechanical motor cars

and am amused by the Milk Floaters who zoom away at traffic lights

anyway they're not doing any harm and if it makes them happy :-)

Milan.

Comment

I don't have an excuse, I simply enjoy mechanical motor cars

and am amused by the Milk Floaters who zoom away at traffic lights

anyway they're not doing any harm and if it makes them happy :-)

Milan.
              They are not "racing" or "zooming", they are accelerating at a normal rate for their cars. If they wanted to zoom, they'd probably put the car into sport mode.

Let's face it, you're old and slow and now blaming/complaining about others that your VAG isn't fast.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

lol

ok

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They are not "racing" or "zooming", they are accelerating at a normal rate for their cars.
                  Mate of mine had a hybrid Porsche. 300Bhp immediately available - no lag. Great fun to drive.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Mate of mine had a hybrid Porsche. 300Bhp immediately available - no lag. Great fun to drive.
                    The Tesla acceleration is impressive versus an ICE.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X