• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why do the Milk Floats always have to out accelerate you at traffic lights"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning All,

I am noticing a pattern with these Milk Floats, they often assume there's a competition and do a grand prix start at traffic lights

Sat in my own car, and being somebody more interested in the analogue mechanical holistic driving experience, why would I exert all of those capable forces on the car I own just for some nonsense with somebody driving a Milk Float ?

I guess the zooming away at the lights compensates for the lack or endurance.

Whatta you all think ?

Milan.

p.s. I have nothing against Milk Floats or the people who choose to use them
    Sounds like you're just pissed off at no longer being on the podium for the traffic light grand prix! Mind you, you must have a very slow car if even a 'milk float' burns you off from a standstill.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    fair enough, must be funny :-)

Leave a comment:

• fatJock
    replied
    I have a Tesla Y so no slouch but not the fastest EV - I don't try to beat anyone off the lights but am often pestered with boy racers in 1 Series or Honda Civics revving like there's no tomorrow. Lights change, I press the go pedal, its just fast.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There are still milk floats in the UK?
    someone has to service Mrs WTFH...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I need to time it right to buy new cars for the mrs an me just before the ice cars get banned altogether

if indeed that does really happen

time will tell

let's watch

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

The fastest speed achieved by a milk float is 136.081 km/h (84.556 mph) and was created by Weetabix On the Go Breakfast Drinks and driven by Rob Gill (both UK) at Bruntingthorpe, Leicestershire on 25 June 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDrgfcZHmos

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    There are still milk floats in the UK?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You must go to work very early to see milk floats. Our milkman delivers at 5 or earlier which seems fairly normal.
    Ours comes round twice - once early and then after some of the men head off to work

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You must go to work very early to see milk floats. Our milkman delivers at 5 or earlier which seems fairly normal.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 22 August 2024, 15:30.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Porsche made by Skoda and in the FuDong factory in China
    Click image for larger version

Name:	where-20are-20porsche-20cars-20made-201.jpg?w=1308.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	4295207

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I am noticing a pattern with these Milk Floats, they often assume there's a competition and do a grand prix start at traffic lights
    It's the fault of 70's comedian Benny Hill, though he only had a horse and cart.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Mate of mine had a hybrid Porsche. 300Bhp immediately available - no lag. Great fun to drive.
    "Hybrid" you mean a long range milk float?
    And a Porsche with a hybrid propulsion system? The man behind the people's car would be turning in his crank case!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Mate of mine had a hybrid Porsche. 300Bhp immediately available - no lag. Great fun to drive.
    The Tesla acceleration is impressive versus an ICE.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

They are not "racing" or "zooming", they are accelerating at a normal rate for their cars.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    lol

ok

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X