• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Squeaky bum time for public sector contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeaky bum time for public sector contractors?

Listening to the Chancellor. She's asking all non-essential consultancy spending to cease across the public sector. She needs to find £3bn.

Gulp.

How do we feel about this? Any predictions? Yes, I'm scared.

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Listening to the Chancellor. She's asking all non-essential consultancy spending to cease across the public sector. She needs to find £3bn.

Gulp.

How do we feel about this? Any predictions? Yes, I'm scared.

Is your project 'non-essential'?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Is your project 'non-essential'?
      It's unbelievably essential. It allows me to pay my mortgage.

Comment

She's hopefully concentrating on the likes of McKinsey, PWC etc.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you work for someone who has recently been made a Lord/Lady, or who milked the system for the last 14 years, then maybe you should be concerned, particularly if you, too, milked it and didn't save/pay down debts.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            This. Fewer studies by management consultancies, more stuff that actually "needs" to be done, is my guess

I'm not fussed at the moment, as a software developer working with a central government department. They'll still need forms for people and businesses to fill in, and data putting into databases so QuickSight dashboards have something to show, if only to tell them how much they've saved so far

Comment

Our new chancellor is really going to screw things up.

Private sector is already in a recession. Cutting public sector AND raising taxes is going to send the economy into a steep dive.

Seems like an educated lady with a strong set of leftie principles. Very commendable, yet not someone who should be let anywhere near to running an economy.

Personally, I am putting aside everything I can, because I know I am going to need it to get through the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Except she isn't deciding what to cut and the small fry is easy prey. I do a lot of stuff for the public sector and what's to stop naïve authorities thinking they don't need external service providers because their own highly talented IT departments can do the job just as well The big consultancies aren't going to advise that their advice isn't necessary

Comment

To see how this is all going to pan out, might I suggest a few hours spent reading/listening/viewing the works of Messrs Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn might be well spent?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    To see how this is all going to pan out, might I suggest a few hours spent reading/listening/viewing the works of Messrs Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn might be well spent?
                    Yes, Zigenare.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X