• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are we all doing, what

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    5th time forked out for pothole damage in last 2 years. Had to get dent in wheel rim fixed and a new hub cap. Nearly 80 quid. Bah!
    I see your £80 and raise with "£13k" for complete engine rebuild last year!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

- Why what did you do?

- Stopped fiddling with it.
      What about the Forum?
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

5th time forked out for pothole damage in last 2 years. Had to get dent in wheel rim fixed and a new hub cap. Nearly 80 quid. Bah!

Is that still the Maestro van ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

How old is your 350Z now? Our TT is 17 in September. It's only done 35,000 miles but age, and lack of use, is taking its toll. It would have faired better if we didn't live so close to the sea. We keep it limping along using a cheap local garage and used parts off eBay.

For the annual mileage we do, we can't really justify trading up, so we'll probably hang on to it until it dies.
          The old gal is 20 and I've had her for 16 years.

I keep toying with chopping her in for a hot hatch before fun cars get banned but, like you, I most likely end up holding on until she goes to the great scrap heap in the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The old gal is 20 and I've had her for 16 years.

I keep toying with chopping her in for a hot hatch before fun cars get banned but, like you, I most likely end up holding on until she goes to the great scrap heap in the sky.
            Do they still even make those? I remember back in the late 80s hankering after a 205 GTI but never did get one.

Everything seem to be SUV these days.

Comment

Is that still the Maestro van ?
              Nah! Got meself a Fiesta few years back after me previous Renault Kangoo snuffed it. Nice little vanny, very fond of it.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 26 July 2024, 11:48.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Do they still even make those? I remember back in the late 80s hankering after a 205 GTI but never did get one.

Everything seem to be SUV these days.
                It would have to be an older second hand one, there aren't really any under 5 years old. I can't stand SUV's so won't be buying one of them.

Comment

Testing
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Testing
                    You're not that bad.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You're not that bad.
                      Trying.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X