• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying Ryanair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    They also use the cheapest gate they can use; fly to Dublin and it's a half mile walk from the gate to Arrivals. They also have interesting interpretations of major city airports on occasion.
    The latter isn't a problem because it's Malaga airport.

BTW, I've been kind of assuming that EasyJet, or Jet2, would be preferable but maybe that's not the case? My wife says she's seen people call them SleazyJet on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Why do you think that's a problem for able bodied women?

As every time I've travelled with them and been split from those in my party then there is a 50/50 chance I'm sitting next to another woman.
      Well you've anwered your own question in the second sentence. If you are in the middle you've got one either side so 50/50 doesn't look so good then. And just because it is another woman that doesn't make it OK. There are dodgy women around as well.

My other half deals with mentally ill kids and their often low life parents so is quite capable of handling herself. That doesn't mean she relishes the thought of sitting with complete strangers when I'm half a plane away.

Just because some women can handle themselves doesn't make it right.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        INKSPE
        With many holiday destinations, you don't have any alternative to budget airlines, especially from smaller regional airports.

Some friends of ours regularly go to Majorca and they drive 5 hours to Gatwick so they can fly BA club class, when they could have flown budget from the local airport under an hour away. Personally, I don't see the point for a 2½ hour flight.
        Last edited by woody1; 15 July 2024, 10:12.

Comment

It's the same sh*te you get from any other budget airline, although I have to say they had the least amount of delayed flights last year I think when every other airline had loads (easyJet being the worst I think). Overall their website isn't that bad, you pick your baggage "bundle", pick seats and that's it. Yes they can throw in hefty "fines" if you luggage is outside the permitted size, but stick to what the rules are and you're good.

Also on most airports you won't get an bridge from the terminal to the plane, so a bummer if you travel with kids for example, and of course if you run into problems, there's usually no one to talk to at the airport, you have to self checkin for flights etc. Basically anything outside "standard" is paid, so bare that in mind.

If you have the option, is it worth to pay £150pp to be on a BA flight and get a bottle of water and a tulip coffee and be treated less like cattle? well they are called "poverty chariots" for a reason (joke)...Can save you a ton of money though if you have a large group travelling and on short flights who gives a tulipe?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            [...]
            If there are two of you you won't be sat together. They purposely split you up so you have to pay for seats to sit together which IMO is an absolute disgrace. Forcing women to sit next to strangers just to make you pay is one of the worst customer service I think I've ever seen.[...]
            Oh yeah... I forgot the worst part. You'll be in a plane full of poor people.[...]
            It's around £5 for a standard seat, they often split people as I think priority is for parents and their kids, those have to sit together.

Love the poor people comment and being too tight to pay for a seat besides you pay for seats everywhere now anyways, at least that was the deal when I was booking with SAS / BA last time.

Comment

I banned Ryanair as a supplier back in 1998.
              They are crap.
              Walking would be a better option!
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

It's around £5 for a standard seat, they often split people as I think priority is for parents and their kids, those have to sit together.

Love the poor people comment and being too tight to pay for a seat besides you pay for seats everywhere now anyways, at least that was the deal when I was booking with SAS / BA last time.
                If we're on a longer flight than to the Med (eg. 4 hours to the Canaries) then we upgrade to extra legroom seats. Costs about £40-50 each way but makes it a bit more bearable.
                Last edited by woody1; 16 July 2024, 06:21.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That doesn't mean she relishes the thought of sitting with complete strangers when I'm half a plane away.

Just because some women can handle themselves doesn't make it right.
                  Sounds like a great start for the Holiday!

Hell is of course other people. IF i hadn't travelled solo a lot I wouldn't met lots of weird people.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sounds like a great start for the Holiday!

Hell is of course other people. IF i hadn't travelled solo a lot I wouldn't met lots of weird people.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

More its broke or we mis-sold it get there and fix it!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X