• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring budget - what tax to cut?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
    Spot the person with a Daily Mail subscription
    And how is that relevant? I have a Guardian one as well, just for the comedy value (actually no, it's for the crossword).

When will it get into your thick head that people are not defined by the papers they read, apart from those who are scared of having their own opinion so have to rely on others to provide them?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Is it worth cutting taxes? We're going to get hammered at the polls in 6 months."

"No, just make sure we leave as much mess for Starmer to deal with."

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 4 March 2024, 11:55.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Income tax cut
        NI cut
        Import duty threshold siginificantly raised (something like the $800 USA threshold) and ideally removed on things not realistic to produce in UK

Paid for with

CGT brought inline with income tax
        Land Value Tax
        Stopping wasting public money or giving it away to cronies a la Ben Houchen and Teesport
        Some flavour of wealth tax

Easy

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          "Is it worth cutting taxes? We're going to get hammered at the polls in 6 months."

"No, just make sure we leave as much mess for Starmer to deal with."

qh
          Maybe a note saying "we spent it all like you did, how do you like them apples?"

One assumes when they declare an election date that note will be on billboards all over the UK along with "Labour 45 minutes to weapons of UK destruction!"

Please Tories just fix things so we don't have B'liar 2.0 - Starmer edition.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            We've had how many years of Tories "fixing" things and the country is in far greater debt now than it was when they came to power. They've increased taxes, reduced spending and accept no responsibility.
            If you actually want to fix the country, you need to replace the people that have been running it for more than a decade.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Maybe a note saying "we spent it all like you did, how do you like them apples?"

One assumes when they declare an election date that note will be on billboards all over the UK along with "Labour 45 minutes to weapons of UK destruction!"

Starmer is nowhere near as good as Blair. For all the latter's faults at least he had a clear idea of his path forward (or backward, depending on your point of view!).
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

rather than a forced cut, I would ask that a detailed audit be carried out of where our ever-increasing tax take is being spent.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  rather than a forced cut, I would ask that a detailed audit be carried out of where our ever-increasing tax take is being spent.

Well you outnumber the number of under 15 year olds.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Isn't that what the NAO does? Have you looked at their fairly substantial and detailed reports?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      I have a Guardian one as well, just for the comedy value (actually no, it's for the crossword).
                      You know you can get the Guardian crossword for free online, but you choose to pay £150 a year for it? And you think I'm the thick one

Comment

Working...
                      X