• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin on the rise again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put the amount I used to spend in the pub each week in every month. Then if I lose it I don't really care. So far I seem to have not far off doubled my money but it is still a pretty small amount - not even a month's living expenses. However, if I have put more in I could have made a decent amount.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I put the amount I used to spend in the pub each week in every month.....So far I seem to have not far off doubled my money but it is still a pretty small amount - not even a month's living expenses
      I assume you only started last month?

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
          Shandy is cheap!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

History tells us that its too late to buy. Everyone jumps on the news as it heads skywards, tongues start wagging and people reach for their wallets. Crash incoming.
            Believe that if you want. But in each of the previous bitcoin cycles the run-up was larger after the halving event than prior. It take times to have an effect, but since the supply of coins is being cut in half, and many of the existing coins are being held longer term and not on the market, it makes sense that this shift in supply and demand will drive the price up. Each halving should have a smaller effect, but this time there is a lot of new money coming in through the ETFs which should counter that to some extent. I think the real top of this cycle is somewhere between 6 months to 18 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by willendure View Post

Believe that if you want. But in each of the previous bitcoin cycles the run-up was larger after the halving event than prior. It take times to have an effect, but since the supply of coins is being cut in half, and many of the existing coins are being held longer term and not on the market, it makes sense that this shift in supply and demand will drive the price up. Each halving should have a smaller effect, but this time there is a lot of new money coming in through the ETFs which should counter that to some extent. I think the real top of this cycle is somewhere between 6 months to 18 months away.
              It's reading guff like this that tells me not to touch bitcoin with somebody else's barge pole, never mind my own.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

This is a graph of the inflow into the new Blackrock bitcoin ETF since its inception (light blue), versus the inflow into their gold ETF when that launched (dark blue). Thats $7Bn in 5 weeks. No wonder the price has gone up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240307_210527.png
Views:	119
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	4286160

Comment

Originally posted by willendure View Post
                  This is a graph of the inflow into the new Blackrock bitcoin ETF since its inception (light blue), versus the inflow into their gold ETF when that launched (dark blue). Thats $7Bn in 5 weeks. No wonder the price has gone up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240307_210527.png
Views:	119
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	4286160
                  In short, you are thick.

The crypto scam relies on people like you do repeat misinformation. You just compared a 2005 ETF inflow to a 2024 ETF, almost 20 years later.

Inflation and compound interest and other accurals mean that $1billion in 2005 isn't the same notional value of money as $1billion in 2024. You're also relying on a youtube video and a graph that doesn't even contain the information you stated it does. It just shows "first gold ETF" and doesn't mention Blackrock.

You are thick. Anybody can post any old rubbish on youtube and people like you will swallow anything without checking the source material. There's a fool born every minute.

Comment

I read somewhere that quite a lot of the Bitcoin ETF inflow is due to folks switching from other forms of Bitcoin (Grayscale investment trust, coins held in wallets, on exchanges etc). When the gold ETFs were launched, there probably wasn't as much of this type of investment switching going on.

Having said that, there's clearly a lot of new money piling into Bitcoin and the ETFs.

Comment

Willendure is ScooterScot
                      and I claim my £5 reward.

Comment

Working...
                      X