• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ohh goody anther quiz Genz slang

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

I know what dogma means. Perhaps you should look up "narrow minded".
    τούτου μὲν τοῦ ἀνθρώπου ἐγὼ σοφώτερός εἰμι· κινδυνεύει μὲν γὰρ ἡμῶν οὐδέτερος οὐδὲν καλὸν κἀγαθὸν εἰδέναι, ἀλλ᾽ οὗτος μὲν οἴεταί τι εἰδέναι οὐκ εἰδώς, ἐγὼ δέ, ὥσπερ οὖν οὐκ οἶδα, οὐδὲ οἴομαι· ἔοικα γοῦν τούτου γε σμικρῷ τινι αὐτῷ τούτῳ σοφώτερος εἶναι, ὅτι ἃ μὴ οἶδα οὐδὲ οἴομαι εἰδέναι.

(BTW I kept my language learning very "narrow", only Greek and Latin)
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

this man is wiser than I; He is in danger with a man who is not good and lovely, but he does not know what he does not do, but he does not know what he does not have, but he does not know what he is; For the sake of this little thing, this wiser man is, that I am not a group.

(BTW I kept my language learning very "narrow", only Greek and Latin)
      No, you still don't get it. You are taking my general discussion point and personalising it, and chucking in a couple of ad hominem comments as flavouring. I'm nmore than happy to discuss my thesis and even accept it is wrong (which is quite likely) but you aren't doing that, you're just calling me names.

Is this the £5 argument or the full £20 one?

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	39
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	4283093
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I feel like I've stumbled into the comments section of a Wail article.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Time for Our Rog:

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Too late, already given up!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It started with a quiz ... warning incoming earwig!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No, you still don't get it. You are taking my general discussion point and personalising it, and chucking in a couple of ad hominem comments as flavouring. I'm nmore than happy to discuss my thesis and even accept it is wrong (which is quite likely) but you aren't doing that, you're just calling me names.

Is this the £5 argument or the full £20 one?
                  Which tulip translator did you get that junk from. I called you no names ( oh the irony from the one who called me "narrow minded"), just I don't think you are as wise as you like to think you are. And definitely place too much store by books in my opinion.

I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular, then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.

Plato Apology 21d

But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                  X