• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sure sounds like censorship to me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

Because trans men (i.e. women) are not generally a threat to women (or men for that matter). Trans women (i.e. men) are a threat to women. And when I say trans women, what I actually mean are the AGP's, weirdos, fetishists who are using the 'trans loophole' to gain access to women in places where they're potentially vulnerable. Genuine transsexuals are probably not a threat. I imagine they just want to be left alone.
    How does a toilet ban reduce the threat from sex offenders? Are women currently being assaulted in toilets now? If so are sex offenders known for obeying laws and signs?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Which will prove interesting if trans men have to follow that argument and are forced to use women’s toilets. How will that help anyone?

it seems to me that this trans debate is focussed on trans women, which is also interesting.
      The few women's toilets I have been in (while under construction /inspection or retrieving a lost child) are exclusively cubicles so essentially each is a safe place. A group changing room is not.

In Unisex changing rooms the expectation is that each family takes a cubicle(s).

This debate is focused on those with male genitalia.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a visitor place near me where a woman staff member has twice come into the male toilet while I've been there, to clean something in the sink. Bit odd.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

How does a toilet ban reduce the threat from sex offenders? Are women currently being assaulted in toilets now? If so are sex offenders known for obeying laws and signs?
          you are obsessed with assault being the only offence as clearly illustrated in the linked stories offense is caused. If I pop out in my dirty mac and expose myself then offense is caused and an offence is committed. If I pop on a dress and do the same in the ladies changing room is it not the same effect.

There are almost certainly Trans women abusing the leeway given e.g. the American swimmer wandering around the changing room naked and making their team mates uncomfortable is that not enough?

I have been in some all male changing rooms where males have been behaving unpleasantly and I was offended, I probably would find that more offensive if I were a woman in a female changing room.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            There's a visitor place near me where a woman staff member has twice come into the male toilet while I've been there, to clean something in the sink. Bit odd.
            First happened to me in an European Airport 25 years ago. An attractive blonde reached above my urinal and wiped the wall, looked down at my chap and gave me a big smile. For some reason I couldn't urinate after that.

I did feel uneasy but If female I would prefer the toilet assistants in the ladies were female.

Comment

Jfc, are you being deliberately obtuse?

Of course sex offenders are still going to offend, but why are you obsessed with making it easy for them?

Why do you think men should be allowed into women's toilets, changing rooms, prisons, rape crisis centres, or anywhere that's exclusively for women? Why?
              If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

It's odd how I keep making tulip up.
                FTFY again

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

Jfc, are you being deliberately obtuse?

Of course sex offenders are still going to offend, but why are you obsessed with making it easy for them?

Why do you think men should be allowed into women's toilets, changing rooms, prisons, rape crisis centres, or anywhere that's exclusively for women? Why?
                  Because they are trans women.

I'm not trying to make it easier for offenders. You seem hell bent on discriminating against people trying to wave 'women safety' as your excuse without being able to actually articulate how women are safer with your discrimination.

If you don't want to answer that simple question, how about another. How do you enforce your new Jim Crow laws. Are we all going to have to show our passport when entering a toilet?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY again
                    Riddle me this. Where is the ball?

Comment

Your fixation of wanting the law to protect your feelings is not shared by most people,
                      Weird, because many of the examples cited so far have explicitly said that the trans person's was made to feel uncomfortable. So, according to you, women aren't allowed to feel uncomfortable, but transwomen are. Again the tiny minority have their feelings and rights trumping the majority.

When my daughters were in their teens they went swimming at our local pool. In the changing rooms there was a transwoman standing around naked with their male genitals on display. It made them feel extremely uncomfortable. Why? Because they a) don't want to see the genitals of a strange apparent male, and b) don't want someone who looks male in the same room as them when they get changed.

Eventually the person was challenged by an older woman who told the person to put some bloody clothes on and stop parading around like a dick.

There wouldn't be any issues if people were discreet.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X