• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sure sounds like censorship to me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The bar was clearly lower - FTFY

Suggestions for assaults were supplied by others
    Your fixation of wanting the law to protect your feelings is not shared by most people, so what is clear to you is not what is clear to rational adults.

It's obvious that there will be women in the UK who don't like transwomen being in the same room as them let alone a changing room. That isn't contested by anyone. So why would they be asking for evidence of that from you?

The discussion about trans in changing rooms is about alleged safety not preventing discomfort. If there is no founded safety concerns, which you haven't demonstrated, then opposition to trans people in changing rooms sounds awfully like 'I don't want to change with the blacks, they make me feel uncomfortable'.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

Going into a changing rooms and getting changed is not indecent exposure regardless of the sex/gender of the people in the room.

The sense of entitlement you have is off the scale. The only choice you have is not to use that changing room, you have no choice in deciding who is and isn't allowed in, be it a trans women, an old women or black women.
      As a biological male exposing my genitalia with the intention it will offend is reasonably considered indecent exposure under law.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/66

For a person with male genitalia they cannot reasonably expect it not to cause offence while being exposed in a ladies changing room.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This whole thread is missing something. The whole issue arises from a belief that your beliefs and rights transcend anyone else's, and that your sense of entitlement means you do not have to consider anyone else's. It's the same thing as some dumbo claiming "You don't respect me" when they have done nothing to deserve respect and indeed are incapable of considering that other people have a superior claim to being respected.

Were it not for this modern, ingrained assumption of personal rights no matter how ridiculous, laws to control it wouldn't be necessary.

I blame the Labour government...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I'm floundering & desperate
          FTFY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As a biological male exposing my genitalia with the intention it will offend is reasonably considered indecent exposure under law.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/66

For a person with male genitalia they cannot reasonably expect it not to cause offence while being exposed in a ladies changing room.
            You are wrong.

The need to prove that the person exposed their genitals intending that someone will see them and be caused alarm or distress means that a naturist whose intention is limited to going about his or her lawful business naked will not be guilty of this offence.
            https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...cases-naturism

If s66 doesn't capture naturists then it doesn't capture anyone getting changed in a changing room.

Could it possible be that your definition of 'reasonable' might not align with societies definition used by the courts?

Comment

FTFY
              It's odd how it's always one side of these discussions who try and pick up the ball they don't own and go home.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Regarding your first point: I believe this to be true. Unfortunately, there are too many examples of people abusing the cover of the "trans umbrella" specifically to cover other less savoury activity and criminality.

Regarding your second point: I have followed this wider discussion quite closely over the past few years and I have never come across the view that "trans shouldn't exist". Much is made of that particular strawman, but it is not a recognised position within the gender critical debate... I have found that the general consensus tends toward 'live as you want, but you're still your birth sex; cope".

HTH.
                Which will prove interesting if trans men have to follow that argument and are forced to use women’s toilets. How will that help anyone?

it seems to me that this trans debate is focussed on trans women, which is also interesting.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Which will prove interesting if trans men have to follow that argument and are forced to use women’s toilets. How will that help anyone?

it seems to me that this trans debate is focussed on trans women, which is also interesting.
                  There have also been women accosted for using the ladies because they didn't look feminine enough. One incident in the US of police ordering a tomboy out under threat of arrest because she wouldn't give him ID to prove she was female.

Comment

There have also been women accosted for using the ladies because they didn't look feminine enough. One incident in the US of police ordering a tomboy out under threat of arrest because she wouldn't give him ID to prove she was female.
                    The US is a battulip country when it comes to sexual matters, sex and gender.

Though to be fair there was an individual who went to The Metro a few months back claiming they were frequently questioned about their sex in female toilets.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Because trans men (i.e. women) are not generally a threat to women (or men for that matter). Trans women (i.e. men) are a threat to women. And when I say trans women, what I actually mean are the AGP's, weirdos, fetishists who are using the 'trans loophole' to gain access to women in places where they're potentially vulnerable. Genuine transsexuals are probably not a threat. I imagine they just want to be left alone.
                      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Working...
                      X