• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decent job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent job of the day

With the market picking up again, this post can be 'of the day' rather than 'of the week' :-D

- Outside IR35
    - Remote
    - 700/pd (a little low but not too bad given the current market)

Attached Files

"up to" £700 a day != £700 a day

It looks OK though. IaaS, networking and identity, combined over Azure and AWS. With legacy Oracle.... Not easy to fill that role, being infra + Oracle.
    Last edited by Lance; 16 June 2023, 09:20.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just a me me me post and poor attempt at willy waving. Result. Makes you look like a pillock.

1/10 Poor effort.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

It looks OK though. IaaS, networking and identity, combined over Azure and AWS. With legacy Oracle.... Not easy to fill that role, being infra + Oracle.
        That's why you make sure you're the tip top for what you do, you'll get the ceiling rate.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

That's why you make sure you're the tip top for what you do, you'll get the ceiling rate.
          That's stating the obvious isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I doubt they are looking for masses of Oracle, being able to size compute requirements, write simple queries & achieve safe connections would probably be enough. Anyone doing solution architecture for big companies will have tripped over Oracle a few times.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

That's stating the obvious isn't it?
              sadly so many get top dollar and aren't tip top!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post
                - 700/pd
                Only someone really desperate would accept that. INKSPE.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I doubt they are looking for masses of Oracle, being able to size compute requirements, write simple queries & achieve safe connections would probably be enough. Anyone doing solution architecture for big companies will have tripped over Oracle a few times.
                  indeed. I know the difference between an instance and a database in Oracle.
                  And if someone really wanted "legacy" Oracle, I've done some MySQL from before Oracle bought it. That counts right?
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You'd think by now companies in the South would have twigged that remote roles allow them access to people in the North (and elsewhere) where local rates are considerably lower.
                    I'd have thought saving 200 a day compared to London rates is worth the effort, but maybe that's peanuts in real terms to the business.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X