• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some people thought it was a hoax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

This is a common British Muslim trope; I've been earnestly told this on several occasions by Asians here with quite impressive careers and education.

I don't think you can put all conspiracy theories into a single pot, they all have their own origins and motivations. Some even turn out to be true in the fullness of time.
    cheer up all the issues with Africa are down to white supremacy as are the knife deaths in London. Everyone has an angle some are just a bit weird.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Wrong. Ten people. One with IQ 90, the other with IQ 130. Mean IQ is 126, median is 130, mode is 130. Geometric mean ~125.
      This comes across as trying to appear smart by producing a contrived example, totally ignoring the fact an IQ score of 100 by its very definition is the mean, it's a function of the method of measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
        Global social and mass media just makes it easier for idiots to ingest nonsense and propagate their stupidity.
        Again, indeed it does.
        Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
        I think now that the masks, vaccines, natural origin of Covid, are all proven to be hoaxes
        I don't think you understand the word "hoax". It doesn't mean "wrong".

And you're wrong anyway. (Or in microcephalic terms "you're hoaxing us").

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

This comes across as trying to appear smart by producing a contrived example, totally ignoring the fact an IQ score of 100 by its very definition is the mean, it's a function of the method of measure.
          No - it's called being pedantic. The percentage of a sampling that is less than the mean is not always 50%. In terms of IQ, what actually makes the statement "50% of people have an IQ less than 100" mostly correct, is that the probability curve is a bell shape centred centred on the mean.

If you consider income, significantly more than 50% of people earn less than the mean.

Comment

No - it's called being pedantic. The percentage of a sampling that is less than the mean is not always 50%. In terms of IQ, what actually makes the statement "50% of people have an IQ less than 100" mostly correct, is that the probability curve is a bell shape centred centred on the mean.

If you consider income, significantly more than 50% of people earn less than the mean.
            Nah, it's called using a donkey brained example and now you're using a different example that is distinct to "IQ" (not necessarily a good measure of intelligence) to save face.

Comment

Hasn't anybody asked ChatGPT if it was a hoax yet?

Just tried it. Computer says no.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 14 June 2023, 08:45.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think this is the important information from ChatGPT, seems reasonable to me.
                <85 Many manual and customer service jobs. online cuk moderators, Janitors, security guards, factory workers, drivers.
                85-100 Office clerks, sales representatives, police officers, electricians, chefs.
                100-115 Accountants, managers, teachers, engineers, nurses.
                115-130 Lawyers, doctors, software engineers, architects, scientists.
                130-145 Physicians, physicists, mathematicians, high-level executives, college professors.
                >145 High-level mathematicians, theoretical physicists, elite chess players.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that if you plotted the IQ curve for CUK, it'd be bimodal,...

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  ...to save face.
                  Sure that's it. I really really care about your opinion of me .

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Hasn't anybody asked ChatGPT if it was a hoax yet?

Just tried it. Computer says no.
                    Ah, but GPT is hard-coded to to a liberal agenda on certain topics
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is an interesting take on IQ=job have to agree a Veterinarian is unlikely to be below average IQ.
                      Most lifetime dishwashers I knew made molluscs and SadfeckinBully look intelligent.

https://surprisinglives.net/iq-and-jobs-does-it-matter/
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X