• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor wisdom that you live by <one liners only>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one ever lies on their deathbed wishing they had worked more overtime
    ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Revenue retention is more important than the headline contract rate - don't neglect your financial education as it impacts the rest of your life
      ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Alot of that is academic if you are 100% remote, Mr Smarty-pants.

qh
        Dammit
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Alot of that is academic if you are 100% remote, Mr Smarty-pants.

qh
          Which reminds me... Check and double check your clients expectations re working locations. What might be 100% remote now could switch to hybrid at any point in the near future. 100% remote is becoming a luxury rather than a standard as we slowly return to the new normal.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I asked ChatGPT.

As an IT contractor, I don't have a boss, I have clients who pay me to tell them what to do.
            ...and then ignore it

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A contractor is just someone who can use google/stackoverflow/ChatGPT better than the person paying them

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Be careful who you talk to, you never know if HMRC are listening

Comment

Originally posted by lecyclist View Post
                  No one ever lies on their deathbed wishing they had worked more overtime
                  Not on your deathbed, but you might spend the last 20 years of your life wishing you did if you don't have enough assets for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Which reminds me... Check and double check your clients expectations re working locations. What might be 100% remote now could switch to hybrid at any point in the near future. 100% remote is becoming a luxury rather than a standard as we slowly return to the new normal.
                    Indeed, however I am v lucky this is 99.99% remote with only the odd trip to client office in Norn Iron.

The company ethos is also to pay the little guy before the big companies.

Which was nice.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Indeed, however I am v lucky this is 99.99% remote with only the odd trip to client office in Norn Iron.

The company ethos is also to pay the little guy before the big companies.

Which was nice.

qh
                      I only go into the office for "training sessions". Aka This was also true before covid.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X