• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tripadvisor restaurant reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripadvisor restaurant reviews

Just been on holiday and visited four of the top rated (5*) restaurants in the resort. All pretty bad.
    • #1 spot was an Indian, and this was the worst. Samosas and bhajis like nothing I've had before, and not in a good way. Prawns in a curry all mushy and tasteless. The only thing that was vaguely edible was the naan bread.
    • Burgers in the supposedly top burger joint were tasteless and had a strange chewy consistency.
    • The best steak house was equally disappointing. I've had better (non-finest) steak from Tesco.
    • Pastries in the best cafe/teashop were mediocre.
    Shan't be trusting TA reviews ever again.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I have never, ever used Trip Advisor for restaurants.

I tend to Google reviews.

Comment

Where did you go? Hull?
      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
        Where did you go? Hull?
        nah at least the curries would have been good!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The problem is that your destination was rated 1 star.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Just been on holiday and visited four of the top rated (5*) restaurants in the resort. All pretty bad.
            Next time read the small print for * marked items...

Comment

Inneresting
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                • #1 spot was an Indian, and this was the worst. Samosas and bhajis like nothing I've had before, and not in a good way. Prawns in a curry all mushy and tasteless. The only thing that was vaguely edible was the naan bread.
                • Burgers in the supposedly top burger joint were tasteless and had a strange chewy consistency.
                • The best steak house was equally disappointing. I've had better (non-finest) steak from Tesco.
                • Pastries in the best cafe/teashop were mediocre.
                Shan't be trusting TA reviews ever again.
                Maybe stick with the local cuisine instead of going to the Brits Abroad type places.

Comment

Originally posted by Largely Ginny View Post

Maybe stick with the local cuisine instead of going to the Brits Abroad type places.
                  When we first started going over 20 years ago, most of the restaurants in the resort were local type cuisine but they've all gone now. Next time we go we might see what the food's like away from the tourist areas.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Seems like this would be better posted as a TA review, or maybe on mumset.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X