• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barbecue Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecue Recommendations

My current set up is a 57cm Weber Kettle with a rotisserie attachment but got a yearning to be a pitmaster and do some good brisket. Have tried in the kettle and result wasn’t bad but needed a lot of micro management for a very long time to keep temp stable.

Thinking about one of these - anyone know if they’re any good?

https://www.zonabarbacoa.com/kamados...BO77yuisvs0lDE

Originally posted by HeritageActParsons View Post
    My current set up is a 57cm Weber Kettle with a rotisserie attachment but got a yearning to be a pitmaster and do some good brisket. Have tried in the kettle and result wasn’t bad but needed a lot of micro management for a very long time to keep temp stable.

Thinking about one of these - anyone know if they’re any good?

https://www.zonabarbacoa.com/kamados...BO77yuisvs0lDE
    How many sockies could you do on it at once?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

See you soon Gricer
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

HWMBO bought a Kamado Joe for my gaff last year. Well, he ordered it...

Comment

Stick with the Big Green Egg.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

How many sockies could you do in it at once?
            FTFY

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They are good and easy to use. I've got a Pro q meat smoked and like you say, it's a pain in the @rse having to babysit it while it spends 7 hours cooking!

I want one of these

https://bbqland.co.uk/collections/pe...llet-bbq-grill

It feeds the pellets in and can adjust the rate so that you can maintain the heat at a set level
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

morning all

here at Chateau Benes we run a Weber 57 kettle, with the rotisserie and about 5 years ago I built a red neck table to go around it a la something like this

weber kettle red neck table - Google Search

the kettle is about 15 years old now, and everything works, can't justify to spend on anything else

bought the pizza attachment a few years ago and it does fantastic pizza's with home made sour dough

we might build a fire pit at some stage, but for now we get buy with half an oil drum just put on the grass where ever we want to make a fire

gas would be easier, but is it really worth it ?

Milan.

Comment

I've got a Weber 40DFAV in the shed.

then again I've got a Holley 390cfm 4 barrel in the other shed
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This is what I've been using....

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker2.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	4257015
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X