• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speaking of being old and out of touch...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    I'm that old that I assumed it referred to a new function on a Teasmade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0_2417_2.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	4245135
    I used to have one just like that. Got it off my late in laws. Kettle never worked but I liked the clock.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

No need to be nasty.
      Don't be daft. It's a stock response to posts along the lines of "If after a certain age you don't hurt when you wake up, you've died in the night".

"Nah - that's just you". I could put a smiley on the end if it helps?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Don't be daft. It's a stock response to posts along the lines of "If after a certain age you don't hurt when you wake up, you've died in the night".

"Nah - that's just you". I could put a smiley on the end if it helps?
        They are right though. THere are exceptions but as a generalisation it's fairly accurate - the main difference is whether you realise it's happening or think you're still young and cool while the younglings are laughing at you.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

They are right though. THere are exceptions but as a generalisation it's fairly accurate - the main difference is whether you realise it's happening or think you're still young and cool while the younglings are laughing at you.
          I'm still cool and relevant.... youbokd buggers need to move over, it's our time now to shine.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I'm still cool and relevant.... youbokd buggers need to move over, it's our time now to shine.
            The only way you’ll shine is if you polish your head.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Which reminds me...

“People used to laugh at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well they're not laughing now.” Bob Monkhouse.

Eric Sykes got hearing aids "I didn’t hear a laugh for 25 years… then I got these and I realized I hadn’t been getting any!"
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The only way you’ll shine is if you polish your head.
                You boomers are holding us youth back. You stop us from shining.

Comment

I stop you from shining by casting shade on you and your car choice.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is'nt that one of your dating techniques?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0x0.jpg?crop=2388,1343,x182,y245,safe&height=399&width=711&fit=bounds.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	4245419
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I stop you from shining by casting shade on you and your car choice.
                      Choice being the operative word .... being young, fit and flexible, I can choose a low car. You oldies, you need something more fitting for your arthritic bodies

Comment

Working...
                      X