• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Robot lawnmowers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robot lawnmowers

OK I realise most of the congregation have acres of lawn that the gardener cuts with nail scissors so he doesn't have time to service the lady of the house Lady Chatterley stylee but has anyone gone for a robot lawnmower?

I'm looking at a Yardforce 280R which allegedly has bluetooth.

any experiences?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I have no idea, as my garden is an eco sanctuary.

According to this https://www.t3.com/features/best-robot-lawn-mower and this https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/gard...-wr165e-review the answer is this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GQ8BR...ogi&th=1&psc=1
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

My eco solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRvfRjLWkAAao5t.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	4243386
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        My eco solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DRvfRjLWkAAao5t.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	4243386
        I thought you had horses, sheep or goats.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I thought you had horses, sheep or goats.
          He is full of sheep when he goats

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            OK I realise most of the congregation have acres of lawn that the gardener cuts with nail scissors so he doesn't have time to service the lady of the house Lady Chatterley stylee but has anyone gone for a robot lawnmower?

any experiences?
            If you find a good one, let me know.

Comment

A retired couple down the road from us have had one for a few years. No idea what make it is but it seems to do a decent job.

It's a bit spooky though because virtually every time we go past the house, even over the summer, the mower doing its thing is the only sign of life.

Anyway, it's a bit hypnotic watching it soldiering away.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

any experiences?
                How big is your lawn?
                How flat is your lawn?

I'd probably look at something like the Stihl RMI 632PC
                https://shop.stihl.co.uk/products/6-...42797498859753

If your lawn has a bit of a slope, maybe go for a Husqvarna. I've seen this in use and was impressed. Not impressed enough to buy one, but still...
                https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/robotic...utomower-450x/
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  A retired couple down the road from us have had one for a few years. No idea what make it is but it seems to do a decent job.

It's a bit spooky though because virtually every time we go past the house, even over the summer, the mower doing its thing is the only sign of life.

Has anyone thought of popping in to see if they're still alive. It's often said the robots will eventually take over (it's why i always say thank-you to Alexa) - maybe this one is happily cashing in the pension cheque each week?

Back on topic, i nearly bought a robot-mower last year, then nearly joined a kickstarter for another one (Novabot), but decided to wait another year or so until those without a boundary wire got a bit better at mapping/boundary detection.

I'm glad i didn't join the kickstarter one - they were meant to ship in July this year, and still no sign of it happening.
                  Last edited by Paralytic; 25 November 2022, 14:44.

Comment

any experiences?
                    Dunno but I'll get the butler to ask the gardener if you wish
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X