• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ETIAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU could not pick an obvious domain name and instead got deeplink?

Great for fakes for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I'm more of a bald, hunkier, better looking, Daniel Craig.
      More a Yorkshire terrier with alopecia. Yappy & hairless.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        For UK passport holders who don't also have EU member nation citizenship, you will need either ETIAS registration or a visa to visit the EU
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

60% of over 65s voted for Brexit (whatever they may have thought they were voting for, it's not what has been delivered, since no one voted for the details, only the vague soundbites). (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-votes-by-age/ )

Similarly, around 60% of over 65s vote Conservative. (e.g. https://www.markpack.org.uk/166840/h...varies-by-age/ )
          68% of UKIP members are over 60. (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...the-uk-by-age/ )

Is that ageist, or factual?
          It's a demonstration that youth brings enthusiasm while age brings wisdom.

Come back in 20 years and see how much your own immature attitudes have changed.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Come back in 20 years and see how much your own immature attitudes have changed.
            You'll still be here?

Comment

It's a demonstration that youth brings enthusiasm while age brings wisdom.

Youth fought in 2 world wars.
              You didn't.

Age is no guarantee of wisdom, as you are self evident.

I hope my "immature attitudes" don't change much - trying to work with, not against others, treating people fairly, not pre-judging them based on their nationality, religion, skin colour, ability, etc, but based on who they as an individual, and trying to learn from history, rather than re-write it to suit.

But if we must go down your route of "send them home", let's start with the Normans and the Saxons.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                There were coach loads of old people who came from Yorkshire to London for the march. Where you on the march? What were you priorities that day?
                Are you sure they weren't just on one of those coach trips to Blackpool but the driver got lost?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

You'll still be here?
                  Don't see why not. I'm not that old.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Youth fought in 2 world wars.
                    You didn't.

Age is no guarantee of wisdom, as you are self evident.

I hope my "immature attitudes" don't change much - trying to work with, not against others, treating people fairly, not pre-judging them based on their nationality, religion, skin colour, ability, etc, but based on who they as an individual, and trying to learn from history, rather than re-write it to suit.

But if we must go down your route of "send them home", let's start with the Normans and the Saxons.
                    But you're quite happy to categorise a whole swathe of the UK as antique has-beens with no brains to think for themselves. OK...

And where did I say "send them home". I have no problem with controlled immigration of people who will benefit the country. Albanian criminals, not so much.

But I will apologise for being born too late to qualify for National Service. However, I know (or perhaps knew is a better word these days) a lot of people who did and who did fight in WW1, WW2, Korea, Malaya and a few other places you won't have heard of.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

But you're quite happy to categorise a whole swathe of the UK as antique has-beens with no brains to think for themselves. OK...
                      Where did I say that?

I know (or perhaps knew is a better word these days) a lot of people who did and who did fight in WW1, WW2, Korea, Malaya and a few other places you won't have heard of.
                      I know (or perhaps knew) of a lot of people who fought as young men during various wars. I don't know of many people who were my current age or older when they first went into battle, but perhaps you'll prove me wrong. I'm sure you know of countless wars that I won't have heard of.

In the last 50 years of my life, I've lost too many friends in wars, but I'm just an immature youth who doesn't have a clue, in your wizened old mind.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X