• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ETIAS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETIAS

The EU ETIAS comes into force in Spring 2023 and applies to visits to most but not all EU states (maximum stay 90days within 6 months. For UK passport holders, you will need either ETIAS registration or a visa to visit the EU, this includes transit. The application fee is €7, travellers under the age of 18 or over the age of 70 will not need to pay the fee.

Beware!
    There are loads of scam sites and fake sites for ETIAS.
    The correct website is https://travel-europe.europa.eu/sele...ation=/node/24
    NOT https://etiasdotcom/ or any other dot com site.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

The over 70s shouldn’t be exempt, since most of them voted for us to be in this mess, but they won’t live long enough, or have to suffer the consequences of their monumentally idiotic decision.

The only under 70s who voted for it did so based on IQ, not age.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      The over 70s shouldn’t be exempt, since most of them voted for us to be in this mess, but they won’t live long enough, or have to suffer the consequences of their monumentally idiotic decision.

surely this unsubstantiated style of anti democratic posting deserves to go in the subforum?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

surely this unsubstantiated style of anti democratic posting deserves to go in the subforum?
        Sorry fella, but in here the majority agree that the low of IQ got us in this mess. You are most definitely in the minority on here ... in so many ways
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Can't wait for the gammon faces turning red (although they mostly are anyway) when then find out about this at the actual borders in spring 2023.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Sorry fella, but in here the majority agree that the low of IQ got us in this mess. You are most definitely in the minority on here ... in so many ways
            That is obviously your opinion, most people don't demonstrate their intelligence by insulting people. You are hardly Oscar Wilde.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe a surcharge of €93 for UK passport holders should be applied, to cover economic damage inflicted on EU countries by Brexit terrorist voters?
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

That is obviously your opinion, most people don't demonstrate their intelligence by insulting people. You are hardly Oscar Wilde.
                How was that an insult ... you are in the minority on here in so many ways. That's easy to see from what you post and the response you get. I'm sorry you don't like that fact, but that's your issue to deal with not mine.

And I totally concur, I'm hardly Oscar Wilde .... whatever that means. I'm more of a bald, hunkier, better looking, Daniel Craig.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Ageism seems to be an acceptable form of prejudice in this country. Unfortunately, the government has pitched young vs old in the same way as blaming emigrants for low wages. The fact that there was a statistical divide in the referendum had much to do with the old voting in greater numbers than the young. During the re-join EU march last month, the police estimated 17k people at the march but less than 5% were under 30yo. There were more 70yo than young people. The re-join march was not about an immediate re-join but at least a way to persuade the government to join the single market and bring back free movement. There were coach loads of old people who came from Yorkshire to London for the march. Where you on the march? What were you priorities that day?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Ageism seems to be an acceptable form of prejudice in this country.
                    60% of over 65s voted for Brexit (whatever they may have thought they were voting for, it's not what has been delivered, since no one voted for the details, only the vague soundbites). (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-votes-by-age/ )

Similarly, around 60% of over 65s vote Conservative. (e.g. https://www.markpack.org.uk/166840/h...varies-by-age/ )
                    68% of UKIP members are over 60. (https://www.statista.com/statistics/...the-uk-by-age/ )

Is that ageist, or factual?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X