• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here would want to work for this arsehole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here would want to work for this arsehole?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63648505

Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that they must commit to working "long hours at high intensity" or else leave the company, according to reports.

In an email to staff, the social media firm's new owner said workers should agree to the pledge if they wanted to stay, the Washington Post reported.

Those who do not sign up by Thursday will be given three months' severance pay, Mr Musk said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63582273

Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that remote working will end and "difficult times" lie ahead, according to reports.

In an email to staff, the owner of the social media firm said workers would be expected in the office for at least 40 hours a week, Bloomberg reported.

Exactly the sort of narcissist I would never work for.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Google says Twitter US total compensation be like:
    Software Engineer (SWE)

(Entry Level)
    $163K
    SWE II $253K
    Senior SWE $347K
    Staff SWE $545K
    For that kind of money i would have no problems working hard, 60+ hours a week.

Now i think Twitter UK don't pay anything like.. so a no if was I based in the Uk.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 16 November 2022, 17:21.

Comment

Don't care how good the remuneration is.

I've never done those sort of hours as a contractor, I'd certainly not do them working as a permie for someone like Musk.

Life's too short to waste it all sat in front of a computer.
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

I could never work in a company with a 'leader' like Musk. Or Dyson. At any pay.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's his toy to break now...

Comment

I would be out also.

And if you worked for Twitter on a high wage and didn't save, then you are a fool.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Example of being a techie working for Elon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elon_Musk_thread__1668474915169.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	4242303

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	64576065-0-image-a-19_1668534696506.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	4242305

Comment

I wonder how many highly paid ex-twitter employees who resigned are currently on a walking holiday in the hills....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ah, the Chief Tw@tter. I see that the banks are attempting to offload some of their investment in his crazy scheme.

And the gift that never stops giving:

I wonder if The Chief Tw@tter has started wearing a kevlar vest yet, what with letting all those people go.

Must be one or two near going postal.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X