• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who here would want to work for this arsehole?"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Good to see the arsehole's teflon is working so well.

Wot a surprise. .

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I thought the winning prize for the footy sweepstake was the forum?
    Then those of us who won before are very kind as this forum is still here.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

You could probably afford to buy it, ask the boss how much.
    I thought the winning prize for the footy sweepstake was the forum?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Shush you all!

Or else Elon buys this forum for 44 bln pounds and shuts it down for good!
    You could probably afford to buy it, ask the boss how much.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Shush you all!

Or else Elon buys this forum for 44 bln pounds and shuts it down for good!

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4mmhaf.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	4242690

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Name:	h6xckngmbjgwpxxntkp2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	994.2 KB
ID:	4242688

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

I think bringing that sink into the office was a clue, he is not a well man.

qh
    That doesn't seem at all odd by his standards to be honest. Off-kilter jokes are kind of his thing.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

It does feel like he's having a breakdown. I don't like the guy, but even so it's not good watching someone so publicly self explode. I hope he's got some people close to him he is willing to listen to, because at this rate he's going to lose billions and possibly cause untold mental damage.
    I think bringing that sink into the office was a clue, he is not a well man.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Prior to Twitter I had a begrudging respect for the guy - clearly quite awkward, but with a track record of actually getting things done and disrupting established sectors.

Now he just seems to be a caricature of all the negative things people say about him. It's not like he's new to running massive companies in a very hands on way so it's a bit perplexing really - he's also not new to controversy in his management style but has always managed to keep things together.
    Is it just because it's so public? He has used Twitter to document his takeover of Twitter which seems a bit like mixing fun & pleasure, or tulipting where you eat.
    Didn't he get rid of his long term PA for asking for a pay rise?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Interview was work, no? He was consuming illegal (under Federal law) narcotics in somebody else’s office

Anyway he’s clearly moved onto much harder narcotics
    He was getting paid to do the interview?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The 2018 interview took place in Rogan’s studios based in Los Angeles. California had legalized recreational cannabis consumption in 2018.

If we're going to slate a man's character can we please do a little research first?
    Interview was work, no? He was consuming illegal (under Federal law) narcotics in somebody else’s office

Anyway he’s clearly moved onto much harder narcotics

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

It does feel like he's having a breakdown. I don't like the guy, but even so it's not good watching someone so publicly self explode. I hope he's got some people close to him he is willing to listen to, because at this rate he's going to lose billions and possibly cause untold mental damage.
    Prior to Twitter I had a begrudging respect for the guy - clearly quite awkward, but with a track record of actually getting things done and disrupting established sectors.

Now he just seems to be a caricature of all the negative things people say about him. It's not like he's new to running massive companies in a very hands on way so it's a bit perplexing really - he's also not new to controversy in his management style but has always managed to keep things together.
    Is it just because it's so public? He has used Twitter to document his takeover of Twitter which seems a bit like mixing fun & pleasure, or tulipting where you eat.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Closed the offices now... this just continues to get more darkly hilarious

Twitter has told employees that the company's office buildings will be temporarily closed, effective immediately.

Name:	_127674119_capture.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	4242598

I'm very glad nobody is left owning Twitter shares (except Elon).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They won't have to open again because they won't have any staff.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 18 November 2022, 13:52.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X