• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here would want to work for this arsehole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Don't care how good the remuneration is.

I've never done those sort of hours as a contractor, I'd certainly not do them working as a permie for someone like Musk.

Life's too short to waste it all sat in front of a computer.
    You don't have to waste it all at that level though, you can retire burnt out at 40

In my 20s I might have thought this was fun, especially as I was one of those nerds who got home from work then coded until midnight (or beyond) on my own stuff.

But that aside, yes Elon just seems to be ridiculous. Couldn't he have done this first instead of laying everyone off, and saved loads of redundancy payouts when half the workforce quit?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I was referring to his use of mind altering substances on a talk show.

Which doesn't explain quite why he's such an irredeemable arsehole.
      I don't think he cares what you or anyone else thinks about him.

Being an arsehole is an underrated skill, one which I aim to master before my death. Who knows, with practice I might even make it to full-blown ****!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I was referring to his use of mind altering substances on a talk show.

Which doesn't explain quite why he's such an irredeemable arsehole.

ah forgot about that, it suggests that he thinks rules are for little people.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

ah forgot about that, it suggests that he thinks rules are for little people.
          The 2018 interview took place in Rogan’s studios based in Los Angeles. California had legalized recreational cannabis consumption in 2018.

If we're going to slate a man's character can we please do a little research first?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Being an arsehole is an underrated skill, one which I aim to master before my death. Who knows, with practice I might even make it to full-blown ****!
            I think you've pretty much nailed it already, don't be so hard on yourself
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I think you've pretty much nailed it already, don't be so hard on yourself
              Praise from one's peers is praise indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The 2018 interview took place in Rogan’s studios based in Los Angeles. California had legalized recreational cannabis consumption in 2018.

If we're going to slate a man's character can we please do a little research first?
                Compared with the rest of his personality defects a bit of might have helped.

It would explain becoming Chief Tw@t.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...rges-elon-musk

Former employees of SpaceX have filed unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board alleging they had been retaliated against for writing a letter that was critical of the company CEO, Elon Musk.
                  The eight former employees, who were fired in June, helped organize employees to draft the open letter condemning Musk’s online behavior, according to the New York Times. The letter, in part, addressed a joke Musk tweeted about a report suggesting he paid a company flight attendant who accused him of sexual harassment a $250,000 settlement.Musk has denied the allegations.

“Elon’s behavior in the public sphere is a frequent source of distraction and embarrassment for us, particularly in recent weeks,” the letter, first circulated in June and obtained by the Verge, stated.

After the letter was written, a group of 20 employees met with a top SpaceX executive and were allegedly told by Jon Edwards, the vice-president of Falcon Launch vehicles at SpaceX, that they were distracting the company and that the letter was an “extremist act”, the New York Times reported. Nine employees were fired for challenging Musk, they allege in the complaint.

Employees argued in the letter that the company was not living up to its own “no asshole” policy and asked that SpaceX “publicly address and condemn Elon’s harmful Twitter behavior”.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Closed the offices now... this just continues to get more darkly hilarious

Twitter has told employees that the company's office buildings will be temporarily closed, effective immediately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_127674119_capture.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	4242598

In a message seen by the BBC, workers were told that the offices would reopen on Monday 21 November.

Today's announcement that Twitter had temporarily closed its offices came amid signs that large numbers of workers have now also resigned as they have not accepted Mr Musk's new terms.

Employees have been tweeting using the hashtag #LoveWhereYouWorked and a saluting emoji to show they were leaving the firm.

One former Twitter worker who wished to remain anonymous told the BBC: "I think when the dust clears today, there's probably going to be less than 2,000 people left."
                    I'm very glad nobody is left owning Twitter shares (except Elon).
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They won't have to open again because they won't have any staff.
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 18 November 2022, 13:52.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X