• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter falling out of the tree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's impersonation that's really the issue not parody. Misinformation not to mention scams.
    Quite a few on here better hope he doesn't buy CUK then ... with all the sockies and links to Wail, many posters will vanish (actually, that's not a bad thing
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Can you imagine living in a dystopian future where someone is rich enough to buy an entire social network just so they can post what they want without getting banned?
      You think I care what you think?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As ads are apparently a big thing for Twitter, I have to ask, who the hell pays them to advertise there? I mean the effectiveness of such advertising is probably lower than advertising on petrol station fuelling nozzles...

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
          As ads are apparently a big thing for Twitter, I have to ask, who the hell pays them to advertise there? I mean the effectiveness of such advertising is probably lower than advertising on petrol station fuelling nozzles...
          They have adverts on fuelling nozzles?? Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
            The only ads I see on Twitter are for clickbait websites where you have to go to 20 pages of advertisements to find out that what they promised in the title is not there

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

The only ads I see on Twitter are for clickbait websites where you have to go to 20 pages of advertisements to find out that what they promised in the title is not there
              Did you know that the word "gullible" isn't present in the Oxford English Dictionary?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

hey they must have hired the wail's advertising guy/gal.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They can do pretty good targeted ads on twitter based on the inherent design, so this presumably means you are interested in dodgy stuff (or are browsing it logged out). I think most of mine are crypto related as I use twitter to follow news in that area, though I don't really notice them to be honest.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Anyone understand WTF Mastodon is?
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Anyone understand WTF Mastodon is?
                      Read this - https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rk-alternative
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X