• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

But you are happy to accuse anyone who doesn't follow your own political viewpoint as racist idiots, on the basis that they absolutely have to hate having a non-white leader, despite him being a British citizen by birth and despite the UK being demonstrably one of the most open societies in the world.

You really do need to look in the mirror. Or work harder on your trolling skills.
    Interesting ... so calling out racists for being racist idiots ... is now racist?

If the cap fits mate, wear it.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

I'm saying it's quite clear, since we're on to the 3rd PM in 6 months.
      It would appear to some that if there was a genuinely viable contender, they would have stepped forward by now, there's been enough opportunity for them to do so.
      Stepping up and getting picked are not necessarily the same thing especially when the government and party members have quite different views and the party is (demonstrably) happy to pick someone who isn't a good option.

Who, in the current Conservative Party, do you think would make a good PM, who would have the nation's best interests at heart and has integrity?
      Rishi. He stepped up and was the clear favourite among his peers, widely respected even on the opposition benches, and now it's been realised that#s what should have been done a few weeks back.
      He has a good reputation in his constituency, isn't prone to histrionics, and in the things that matters was popular as chancellor (it's only his wife's tax affairs and a silly party-gate incident that turned people off him).

I think Penny or Tom might have also been reasonable fits for your criteria although right now someone untested seems a bad idea.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Interesting ... so calling out racists for being racist idiots ... is now racist?

It's really edifying when two grown men just compete "you're a racist" "no you are". Stop bickering like little children, or take it to DMs if you must.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's really edifying when two grown men just compete "you're a racist" "no you are". Stop bickering like little children, or take it to DMs if you must.
          You do realise this is General, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Not at all. Racism is merely one admittedly serious example of the application of blind prejudice against another by some totally arbitrary and non-justifiable characteristic. Which is what you've done and what I was referring to.

Don't you f***ing dare. You know absolutely nothing about me. Keep your blind prejudices to yourself.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Not at all. Racism is merely one admittedly serious example of the application of blind prejudice against another by some totally arbitrary and non-justifiable characteristic. Which is what you've done and what I was referring to.

Don't you f***ing dare. You know absolutely nothing about me. Keep your blind prejudices to yourself.
              Interesting you think that, given I've been reading your posts on here for 5+ years. So I think I know you, or at least your online persona, quite well. So any judgement I make on you or others is based on what you openly write on here.

And others equally make the same judgement on me based on my postings.

So no, not blind prejudice and given I have no idea what you look like, not based on your physical characteristics either.

Comment

We know you're a bit thin-skinned for someone so uncompromising and vocal in sharing their own views.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  We know you're a bit thin-skinned for someone so uncompromising and vocal in sharing their own views.
                  Not at all. But refusing to be labelled a bigoted racist, which was what I took from the earlier post, when I am nothing of the sort, is not being thin-skinned.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	off topic.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	4239317

Comment

In General? Good luck with that…
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X