• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Scum Rebels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real poor bastards are those who earn 100-125k - they (and anybody above that level) lost their God given tax free allowance and those in that range are paying 60% marginal tax rates (fook you Osborne for that), which should also be fixed once and for all.

Comment

“Tory revolt forces Liz Truss to delay 45p tax rate vote

PM’s concession to rebels as Michael Gove sides with critics at Conservative Party conference

Liz Truss is to delay the vote on cutting the 45p rate of tax, after Michael Gove joined a growing rebellion among Tory MPs at the Conservative Party conference.

MPs will not be asked to approve the controversial decision until they have learnt how it will be funded in the Chancellor's medium-term plan on Nov 23, said government sources.

On the first day of the Conservative conference in Birmingham, Mr Gove, the former levelling up secretary, signalled he would not vote to scrap the 45p rate, saying it displays the “wrong values” and that Ms Truss does not have a mandate for the move.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...tax-rate-vote/

Fking Crazy Toad

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Where did I say more deserving? I said it will increase total tax take, like it happened when 50% was dropped to 45% - I don’t remember huge outcry about it back then, so why now? It’s better for all taxpayers if total tax rate isn’t too high.

Frankly max income tax level should not be more than 35%, and none od that scam that makes companies pay tax for employing local people, now tax on outsourcing abroad does make sense, but not what’s happening now.
        You keep quoting 'fact' that tax take will increase if the top rates drops to 40% rather than staying at 45%. Do feel free to post up links to these facts. Presumably if it's so well known then there will be reams of evidence, rather than say just one think tank, so fill ya boots and show us these facts.

What is a fact is that the more affluent in society have been paying this rate for years and they are still here and they are still working in the UK. They haven't fled the UK. They are also more than likely working as hard as they already want to so cutting the tax isn't going to get this 1% of adults suddenly lifting the economy on their own.

Just face it, you're only thinking of yourself and the extra cash you might start to find in your bank account in April if this cut comes in. It's ok to think of yourself, to be selfish, but at least admit that's what you're doing and stop hiding behind the facade that suddenly the UK will become more productive just because the 1% get a bit more cash in their pockets (oh, and if they get more cash in their pockets, as you say, then surely the tax take is lower? No?)
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

“The majority Boris won was a One Nation majority.

“People wanted levelling up, a Conservative government that was dedicated to improving the lives of those who weren’t amongst the wealthiest in our society and we’ve got to stay true to that tradition.”

Great - one nation and levelling up - let’s have flat rate tax and fook it, let’s make it 45% or even 50%

Comment

The real poor bastards are those who earn 100-125k - they (and anybody above that level) lost their God given tax free allowance and those in that range are paying 60% marginal tax rates (fook you Osborne for that), which should also be fixed once and for all.
            Do you ever stop whining? If you don't like the tax regime in the UK you can, like any of us can, choose to use your freedom and move to another country that is more to your liking. No one is forcing you to stay here. There are millions on the bread line and you're whining because you have a 6 figure salary and have to pay tax .... you really don't get it do you? You really have no idea what it's like to live a hand to mouth existance.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You really have no idea what it's like to live a hand to mouth existance.
              I’ve got a pretty good idea actually, but also I have pretty good economics education and best of all - I don’t have to lie to people saying how fair it is to have 45% tax vs 40%.

Also 45% to 40% does not change in any way problem of the poor in this country, in fact it makes it worse, so it is you who is advocating for poor being even poorer.

Comment

I’ve got a pretty good idea actually, but also I have pretty good economics education and best of all - I don’t have to lie to people saying how fair it is to have 45% tax vs 40%.

Also 45% to 40% does not change in any way problem of the poor in this country, in fact it makes it worse, so it is you who is advocating for poor being even poorer.
                I'd love to see your explanation for that theory...

And you do know why we have a 45% rate in the first place? Hint: it was nothing to do with economics.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  And you do know why we have a 45% rate in the first place? Hint: it was nothing to do with economics.
                  I’ve got pretty good idea, granddad

Comment

When Labour get in:

Corp tax 25%.
                    Lower rate dividend tax: 20%
                    Higher rate dividend tax: 40%
                    Additional rate dividend tax: 45%

Capital gains tax: 20/40/45% as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
                      When Labour get in:

Corp tax 25%.
                      Lower rate dividend tax: 20%
                      Higher rate dividend tax: 40%
                      Additional rate dividend tax: 45%

Capital gains tax: 20/40/45% as well.
                      Yes, plus no more BADR.

Sounds like Truss is about to U-turn on the 45p rate...

Comment

Working...
                      X