• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Scum Rebels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

And? If that ended up translating to a wonderful place to live - clean with excellent public services - I wouldn't mind. Rather than the same mess just paying more for it
    The NHS budget for 2022/2023 is £153bn - you could double that and it would still be tulip! Money won't fix our public services - we need a shake up!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The NHS budget for 2022/2023 is £153bn - you could double that and it would still be tulip! Money won't fix our public services - we need a shake up!
      Correct, as soon as we can get rid of the problems at the top, that will be a good shake up. The right wing of this country have lorded it, stripped out all the great bits that they could make money off, re-distributed services to their mates and privatised everything they can get their hands on. As soon as we can get a party that is closer to the centre, rather than the decline we've had in standards, morals & society, the better.
      Bring on a general election, and vote for people who care for the UK, not who care for their own bank balances.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Bring on a general election, and vote for people who care for the UK, not who care for their own bank balances.
        I'm quite amused that you still believe you can vote in a govt, from LibLabCon that will improve things for the better for the majority of people.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I'm quite amused that you still believe you can vote in a govt, from LibLabCon that will improve things for the better for the majority of people.

I'm just looking for a change that isn't lurching further to the right.
          Continuing to vote for the Tories is not going to change anything. Voting for the National Farage, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, etc is not going to be any better, IMHO. But there are posters on here who act like the solution is to keep turning right and lose all the values that once made Britain great.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What happened to the Liberal Democrats, they seem to have fallen into an abyss? We are now like the USA, effectively a two party political system.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Continuing to vote for the Tories is not going to change anything. Voting for the National Farage, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, etc is not going to be any better, IMHO. But there are posters on here who act like the solution is to keep turning right and lose all the values that once made Britain great.
              Sunak's recent policies were very left of centre, so a shift to the right is possibly a good idea. The trick is to stop when you get to the middle.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Shaking things is well known for fixing them
                The problem with something like the NHS is how you can possibly reform it without disrupting it worse in the meantime.
                £150bn is about £2000 per person per year though I don't have any idea if that's a lot compared to private healthcare.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Sunak's recent policies were very left of centre
                  Definitely not. He's a classic right-centrist. Recent policies are hardly representative.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What made Britain great was annexing countries, engineering the world, thrashing Napoleon, the Germans, the french etc and ruling the waves after giving the Spanish a bloody nose.

Having squandered that lead and a few of the options no longer being politically viable we do need a rethink.

Uncontrolled immigration doesn't seem to be working.
                    Ignoring the lessons of history when composing the lessons of today doesn't work.
                    Failing to compare our Police, NHS etc to other countries and learning from the gaps is not happening.
                    Kow towing to unions won't work.

If you think that is going right wing you are mistaken. Labour were so unelectable Bojo looked like a good option.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Sunak's recent policies were very left of centre, so a shift to the right is possibly a good idea. The trick is to stop when you get to the middle.
                      I'm not a fan, but it's hard to judge Sunak by his recent policies, which were largely forced by covid. Admittedly, the tax rises were a bit stupid/unnecessary (other economies were not raising taxes into a recession). He professed fairly right wing views before his time in the Treasury (and again in the leadership campaign), so it's more likely that he's just irritated people as being a bland centrist when governing. But you can't really describe Sunak (or his policies) as left of centre. He takes a different right-of-centre view to the free marketeers, he's more of a fiscal conservative, but he's still right of centre.

Comment

Working...
                      X