• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

He can f$%* off and retire as well.
    coming to a protest near you soon.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apparently even Nadine thinks Keir should be PM:

Originally posted by BBC
      Former cabinet minister Nadine Dorries has suggested the prime minister should call an election.

Dorries said there was "widespread dismay" at Truss for failing to act on plans laid out by Boris Johnson's government.

"Widespread dismay at the fact that three years of work has effectively been put on hold.

"No one asked for this. C4 (Channel 4) sale, online safety, BBC licence fee review, all signed off by Cabinet all ready to go, all stopped.

"If Liz wants a whole new mandate, she must take to the country."
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Liz has done another thing. Look at how active she is in doing things...

This time it's giving Dominic Johnson (from Somerset Capital Management) the appointed as the unelected Minister of State for International Trade and the Cabinet Office

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Furthermore she's admitted they made a mistake and have already corrected it and the pound has now recovered past where it was when she took office and it seems likely interest rates will be on the way down as a result. Go figure. That's not me saying that, it;s international markets reating to what they see, just like they did a week ago.
          They announced the mini budget (then went into hiding for a week) and every economist said it was the stupidest idea ever considering the current geo-political situation. BoE had to bail them out which will wreck the economy further down, but sure look at how great they are with their u-turn (also managed to do some insider trading by practically announcing the pound crash behind closed doors, so their hedge-fund managers could make some extra £££).

Comment

Wow - they u-turned on 45% tax plans!

Great, so now Labour puts it up to 50% and gets other taxes aligned to it

Comment

Originally posted by aTw View Post
              Squeak Squeak oooh me pips
              FTFY
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Apparently even Nadine thinks Keir should be PM:
                Truss should have shagged her....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Truss should have shagged her....
                  I never thought I'd ask someone not to share their lesbian fantasies, but here we are.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I never thought I'd ask someone not to share their lesbian fantasies, but here we are.
                    You are old school - you call sexuality like that pansexual. (Well you can't call it sapiosexual as they both aren't intelligent life forms.)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Wow - they u-turned on 45% tax plans!

Great, so now Labour puts it up to 50% and gets other taxes aligned to it
                      Oooh, the big bad wolf of labour (who haven't been in power for 12 years). You know, at some point you are going to have to take some responsibility for the tulipshow you voted for. This is your party, own it.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X