• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Across the country tens of thousands of contractors will be re-hiring their spouse/partner to do **** all.
    Did they ever sack them as they're all Directors My human resources / financial / administrative Director has been very gainfully employed for the last 38 years.

I'm liking this Kwasi

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	FdVEvc2XgAAlHQt.jfif
Views:	635
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	4233805
      Got the link to that so I can share it with some people
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

IPSE have had a sympathetic ear from Liz Truss on this for some time - perhaps tea and biscuits has finally paid off!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
          Removal of the 45% additional tax band to 'simply the tax system' but no word of the effective 60% tax band over 100k..
          I wasn't actually listening, but any word at all on unfreezing tax bands? This is a far more pernicious and costly thing than the odd pence off the base rate, and at current rates of inlfation is going to end up costing thousands to the squeezed middle! Scrapping higher rate to benefit of just over half a million payers rather bold - can't see that being popular.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Got the link to that so I can share it with some people
            https://assets.publishing.service.go...Accessible.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
              Rishi's father in law is going to be pissed.
              Why? this will allow his mates at HMRC to persecute small contractors at will instead of the embarrassing situation of taxing government departments who used HMRC's check and got it wrong. - Better optics and more uncertainty. Kerching!

If I were IPSE I would be pointing out that loads of government departments couldn't get it right with a huge HR department so how do you expect small business to do it right?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The 2017and 2021 reforms to the off-payroll working rules (also known as IR35) will be repealed from
                6 April 2023. From this date, workers providing their services via an intermediary will once again
                be responsible for determining their employment status and paying the appropriate amount of tax and National Insurance contributions. This will free up time and money for businesses that engage contractors, that could be put towards other priorities. The reform also minimises the risk that genuinely self-employed workers are impacted by the underlying off-payroll rules

from the growth report

Comment

3.23 In addition, the government will reverse the 1.25 percentage point increase in dividend tax rates from April 2023. This will benefit 2.6 million dividend taxpayers with an average saving of £345 in 2023-24 and additional rate taxpayers will further benefit from the abolition of the additional rate of dividend tax. This will support entrepreneurs and investors across the UK to drive economic growth.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    IPSE have had a sympathetic ear from Liz Truss on this for some time - perhaps tea and biscuits has finally paid off!
                    I think it's more likely that their thinking was aligned. The idea that IPSE actually influences policy in any meaningful way is a bit, er, optimistic.

Before the celebrations are overdone, I'd bear in mind that this will last for approximately one year before Labour gets in, most likely, at which point taxation on company profits, dividends and capital gains will rise massively, effectively rendering IR35 moot.

Comment

No one will win the next election.

Comment

Working...
                      X