• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Why would they help? they hardly ever did pre 2017, they will just care as little as before. And look at the amount of permietractors who "walked" when the new rules got introduced...yeah, most just went inside and carried on regardless, now they will be more happy as they will earn more being outside, but they won't care one bit about whether they are really outside.
    So we've gone from super tulipshow to just a tulipshow.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

So top rate of income tax in England falls back to 40% but stays at 46% in Scotland. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

I suspect many of the clients that found their roles were definitely inside - will suddenly find they were definitely outside again, but only from the next tax year of course
        i wonder if we can retrospectively claim the extra tax back?
        Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Sure just have a nice sit down with a friendly tax inspector. Just so they can check all is ok

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
            So top rate of income tax in England falls back to 40% but stays at 46% in Scotland. Is that correct?
            Yep,

Basic rate is different too 19% compared to 21%
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post

i wonder if we can retrospectively claim the extra tax back?

Rightly so. It seems HMRC proved their own BS taw lax allowed to do this, albeit they 'interpeted' it as such..

Anyway this is great news. My current contract is without question outisde IR35 so am keen to speak to Qdos etc and HMRC about why i am being forced inside when i should have been outside all along.

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

Rightly so. It seems HMRC proved their own BS taw lax allowed to do this, albeit they 'interpeted' it as such..

Anyway this is great news. My current contract is without question outisde IR35 so am keen to speak to Qdos etc and HMRC about why i am being forced inside when i should have been outside all along.
                I think anyone who goes Inside to Outside with the same client on 6th April next year will be playing a very dangerous game
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Agree. Clean break move on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I think anyone who goes Inside to Outside with the same client on 6th April next year will be playing a very dangerous game
                    Agreed. Status change in either direction with the same client is just a no-no in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I hear you Simon but lets actually look at this.

I absolutely pass all the HMRC checks re IR35 i am clearly outside. The only reason my current client pushed me inside were reasons i can't explain here. However. I have been informed already they will revert.

Based on a Qdos review and as above i am rightly permitted to claim i am outside from that date, when in reality i should be restrospectively reimbursed on my financial losses. This is in accordance to their own rules not 'what doesn't feel right to do'. This is what HMRC seems to eb towards too much, ie mind games, playing on such as attempting to bind Tax evasion and avoidance in the same group, and dare i say efficiency is snarled at also.

We shouldn't be bullied into submission here.

Comment

Working...
                      X