• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Basically undoing what BJ and rishi did and the others before.
    Kwasi Kwarteng is going for it
    like a wrecking ball !

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

like a wrecking ball !
      now that is a mental picture

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Across the country tens of thousands of contractors will be re-hiring their spouse/partner to do **** all.

Comment

Rishi's father in law is going to be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

like a wrecking ball !
            Boom - whether good or bad - at least its bold and going for it. Rather than dull rishi and BJ who did what the media said.
            Whether that puts us in s*** we will see - strong growth hopefully = a strong safety net as well.
            But "mini budgets" don't need the big figures to qualify all the spending!

Corp tax down, income tax down, NIC down.........

Comment

I'll need to see the devil(s) in the detail first, and see some evidence of change on job boards, client behaviour, etc., but I might just come out of retirement! I look forward to the considered views of the likes of QDOS, et al on this news.
              Clarity is everything

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FdVEvc2XgAAlHQt.jfif
Views:	635
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	4233805

Comment

ok from next tax year.

Comment

Removal of the 45% additional tax band to 'simply the tax system' but no word of the effective 60% tax band over 100k..

Comment

So I am staying in this perm job until the spring. Then we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X