• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Budget aka Fiscal Statement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

devil is always in the detail. But looks like freelance market will be back again. Need to wait to see what the reforms are.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
      repealed the ir35 amendments from 2017/2021
      so the onus is back on the contractor?

Not something to celebrate.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

so the onus is back on the contractor?

Not something to celebrate.

speak for yourself buddy, it's steak and mash for me tonight, steak AND mash

Comment

Well it was a mess but what a farce putting individuals and business through so much red tape over the years for IR35 inside/outside. Stupid policy from stupid govt.

But let's hope it isn't replaced by anything worse. Because he did say that IR35 as a whole will be reviewed.

Comment

err I'll take it over what we had before.

Comment

Be interesting to see if it actually changes the blanket bans from larger clients - a lot of them might decide just to leave it as it.
              But really what a mess - 5 years of buggering about just to cancel it

Comment

So on the face of it - back to taking our own risks. HMRC probably thinks that MSP route they are chasing will be more lucrative anyway.

From a government perspective, it means no more worries for the DWP or NHS getting chased for cash by HMRC.

Comment

So the 2017 and 2021 amendments was basically back to contractors making the assessment if they are inside or not? From HMRC's point of view this might be a clever move as it means more investigations for them to conduct as rather than clients wrongly declaring all contractors inside, more contractors will wrongly declare themselves outside!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Basically undoing what BJ and rishi did and the others before.
                    Kwasi Kwarteng is going for it

Comment

Originally posted by cmscotland View Post
                      Be interesting to see if it actually changes the blanket bans from larger clients - a lot of them might decide just to leave it as it.
                      But really what a mess - 5 years of buggering about just to cancel it
                      I'd expect the bans to be dropped by this afto., if as it seems, there's suddenly zero risk to the client.

Comment

Working...
                      X