• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thumbs down America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs down America

Why is the American media doubling down on its hatred of the UK and its institutions? I've heard a lot of historically incorrect rubbish and anti British invective from their media since the death of the Queen. They've never had any class but this is beyond the pale. Why don't they ponder their own woes with their own indebted corrupt and dangerous Country?

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Why is the American media doubling down on its hatred of the UK and its institutions? I've heard a lot of historically incorrect rubbish and anti British invective from their media since the death of the Queen. They've never had any class but this is beyond the pale. Why don't they ponder their own woes with their own indebted corrupt and dangerous Country?
    Any particular media outlets that you've been looking at, or are you just saying the whole of the continent of America (north and south)?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Any particular media outlets that you've been looking at, or are you just saying the whole of the continent of America (north and south)?
      USA and the normal culprits CNN, CNBC, NYT and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

USA and the normal culprits CNN, CNBC, NYT and so forth.
        Examples?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I solve that problem with not bothering to read them. We have enough crap media here to deal with.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The NYT is well known for its Brit-bashing. It does have the occasional positive report

This is the article that's getting the headlines today: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/13/w...es-wealth.html

Comment

Americans generally like(d) the queen but are not exactly pro-monarchy as an institution and love Democracy so much. They had a bit of a tiff with the UK about it a couple of centuries ago IIRC.

UK press is hardly complimentary to the US so maybe they're just getting their own back. Note that CNN et al are quite left-leaning. Are the right-wing media like Fox also negative?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Americans generally like(d) the queen but are not exactly pro-monarchy as an institution and love Democracy so much. They had a bit of a tiff with the UK about it a couple of centuries ago IIRC.

UK press is hardly complimentary to the US so maybe they're just getting their own back. Note that CNN et al are quite left-leaning. Are the right-wing media like Fox also negative?
                CNN used to be left-leaning but their recent foray into streaming services bombed and they've been panicked into stepping into Fox territory to keep their income.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm trying to work out why I should care what the American press, that I have no interest in, thinks a out the UK institutions.

Nope, can't think of any reason.

Next.....
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

This is a silly thread.

The reason the Torygraph, Daily Mail and GBeebies are going after the US and foreign press is because every organisation in the UK is kowtowing to their policy on the Queen due to a fear of being targeted by them and their supporters.

I've seen some interesting comments from Commonwealth countries that were colonised by the British especially as some of the terrible things in their history happened under Queen's rule and she never said anything about it.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X