• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thumbs down America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To paraphrase what they said in some Commonwealth African countries like Kenya - we hope she gets in death what she deserves.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

and what has this to do with the New European and anyone who criticizes Brexit?

...of course the New European is anti-brexit, and the NYT is copying them by being equally unpatriotic.
      Eh? I appreciate that you were discombobulated by Brexit and you're very sad about it, but do try to keep up. I made a general point about the NYT being consistently anti-British (in their opinion pieces over a period of years) and you complained that it had nothing to do with being anti-Royal, I gave you an example of their being anti-Royal (in their opinion pieces) and now you're complaining that it has nothing to do with Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Eh? I appreciate that you were discombobulated by Brexit and you're very sad about it, but do try to keep up. I made a general point about the NYT being consistently anti-British (in their opinion pieces over a period of years) and you complained that it had nothing to do with being anti-Royal, I gave you an example of their being anti-Royal (in their opinion pieces) and now you're complaining that it has nothing to do with Brexit.
        You sound a bit agitated, read your own quote

It's basically in competition with the New European, trying to increase its audience share among Brits who, er, aren't very enamored with the UK, post Brexit. Which is fine.
        You haven't answered the question, but I don't expect an answer, and you don't need to answer as we know what you mean

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

To paraphrase what they said in some Commonwealth African countries like Kenya - we hope she gets in death what she deserves.
          Are you qualified to paraphrase? Or are you as I've long suspected a disrespectful twunt?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Are you qualified to paraphrase? Or are you as I've long suspected a disrespectful twunt?
            It's interesting how you view what I paraphrased as it says a lot about what you think people are saying.
            ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

You sound a bit agitated, read your own quote

You haven't answered the question, but I don't expect an answer, and you don't need to answer as we know what you mean

You're permanently agitated, it seems to me. I'm surprised you poked your head out of the Brexit subforum, you poor thing .

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

You're permanently agitated, it seems to me. I'm surprised you poked your head out of the Brexit subforum, you poor thing .

OK somewhat off topic, but to get back to the subject, the article you posted is behind a pay wall, so how do you know it's anti-monarchy? From the little I've seen it's not actually anti-monarchy but more critical of the Empire, which is different. We're back to the point I made abut it being about patriotism.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sure V must have posted this DM article already but can't be a*d to check.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ney-China.html

Almost puts me off doing Wordle.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Sure V must have posted this DM article already but can't be a*d to check.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ney-China.html

Almost puts me off doing Wordle.
                    That's why all shops etc are shut today or until 5pm.

Comment

Just got back from a few weeks working in the USA and apart from Americans offering me commiserations, the TV was full of the royalty crap (apart from PBS UK which is tulip anyway)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X