• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Humanely killed rodents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humanely killed rodents?

Right in AtW's wheelhouse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tory-beer.html

BrewDog employee 'was told to find humanely killed rodents' for brewer's 55% proof 'End of History' bottled beer packed inside taxidermied SQUIRREL
    • The beer, called The End of History, was released by BrewDog in 2010
    • Was the latest of releases by the firm that were slammed by health campaigners
    • Former employee Jenny Lane was told to source 'humanely killed squirrels'
    • She said animal rights group PETA was 'freaking the f**k out'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Squirrels - at least, the grey ones - are a destructive pest that damage trees and native Reds. The more that are removed from the habitat the better AFAIC. If PETA are freaking out then (a) that probably means someone's doing it right and(b) there are plenty more greys out there, just they are in their native habitat in North America, from where they were brought here in the late 1800s.

As for the ethics of packing beer in dead animals, well that's a whole different matter!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

**** PETA. They are blithering imbeciles of the highest order.
      I can't abide cruelty to animals, but PETA are not helping any cause with their screeching hysterical nonsense.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

PETA
        People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Darn silly. Like the whining for the guy who stuffed his cat who'd died of natural causes and turned it into a drone.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

An unmarked police car approached me one night during lockdown as I was releasing mice from humane traps out in the countryside.

They informed me that animal welfare was a legitimate reason to be out of the house and let me go about my business.

Comment

Watched summit on TV a few days ago ago the huge damage grey squirrels do to tree bark. Can't say I've ever noticed it meself.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Watched summit on TV a few days ago ago the huge damage grey squirrels do to tree bark. Can't say I've ever noticed it meself.
                The ones in London only eat tree bark if they can't get bin left overs.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X