• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: British tourists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: British tourists

"British tourists could be turned away from Spain unless they can prove they have £760 to spend

New rules may force a family of four to show they have at least £3,141 in spending money

Holidaymakers may be forced to prove that they have at least £760 to spend in order to enter Spain this summer as it implements new restrictions that group British tourists in the same category as those travelling from a "third country" outside of the EU.

The Spanish government has said that following Brexit, British tourists hoping to enter the country may need to show they have enough money for their stay – a minimum of €100 (£85) per person per day, and have €900 (£761) available in funds.

A family of four staying in Spain for a week could therefore need proof of at least £3,141 before being allowed entry into the country. Tourists that come from outside of the European Union may be asked to use cash, cheques, travellers’ cheques or credit cards, as well as a bank statement as evidence of funds.

Spanish border agents may also ask holidaymakers to show an onward or return ticket, or supply proof of accommodation in order to be accepted into the country. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...an-prove-have/

Bye bye Ibiza, bye bye Shagaloof...

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "British tourists could be ...

New rules may force...

Holidaymakers may be forced...

... may need

... could

... may be asked

... may also
    Typical MSM like the Mail, Express and Telegraph to run a story based on "this could happen", "that may happen", and it's all the Spanish fault for treating Brits as non EU "third country" status.
    Who voted for it?
    Which media sources pushed for it?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Normally countries require a visa before you fly and then check that kind of stuff during the visa application not after you arrive.

Comment

Have a look at the Australian customs thing, they send people back for insufficient funds quite regularly.

Sometimes even for not washing enough. .
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Have a look at the Australian customs thing, they send people back for insufficient funds quite regularly.

And don't turn up with booze your grandad made on coke bottles!

Oh that's the Irish one.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Yeah but only dark-skinned people normally.

I wish when I was a kid I'd been given £75 daily spending money on holiday!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
              Normally countries require a visa before you fly and then check that kind of stuff during the visa application not after you arrive.
              Visa waivers for tourists typically require proof of sufficient funds, in practice this is based on number of known "overstayers"

Comment

I've travelled to several countries with this kind of rule. Never even had a check that I had a return ticket.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's not going to be a problem for anyone here. You just pull out your diamond encrusted crocodile skin wallet full of 50's and wave it in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It's not going to be a problem for anyone here. You just pull out your diamond encrusted crocodile skin wallet full of 50's and wave it in their face.
                    I can see a problem here. The illegal import of crocodile skin.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X