• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM: British tourists"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

AYCOTBAC?
    Why would you carry €50 notes, when €500s take up 1/10 the space?
    which is why they are so loved by drug dealers & counterfeiters and hated by shops & banks.

Because of drug use have your butler hoover them before use or wear gloves.

Just take gold sovereigns like real rich people if you have a few they will probably appreciate enough to pay for the holiday!

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

While you might find you can barter your Rolex for things in some countries, a proper contractor's watch is worth a lot more.
    I have two dollars - and a Casio.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Have you ever tried to pay with €500 notes? No-one takes them and paying them in to a bank account is not straight forward.
    I'm a contractor - I tip with €500 notes.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

AYCOTBAC?
    Have you ever tried to pay with €500 notes? No-one takes them and paying them in to a bank account is not straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    money and wallets are so antiquated. don't you all just pay with your watch?
    While you might find you can barter your Rolex for things in some countries, a proper contractor's watch is worth a lot more.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was talking about £50 not €50 notes. Why would a brit take that forrin worthless muck anywhere?
    Always travel with strong currency, not weak.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    money and wallets are so antiquated. don't you all just pay with your watch?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

AYCOTBAC?
    I was talking about £50 not €50 notes. Why would a brit take that forrin worthless muck anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

AYCOTBAC?

If you can't import crocodile skin and a few blood diamonds, what kind of contractor are you?
    AYCOTBAC?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I can see a problem here. The illegal import of crocodile skin.
    AYCOTBAC?

If you can't import crocodile skin and a few blood diamonds, what kind of contractor are you?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It's not going to be a problem for anyone here. You just pull out your diamond encrusted crocodile skin wallet full of 50's and wave it in their face.
    I can see a problem here. The illegal import of crocodile skin.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's not going to be a problem for anyone here. You just pull out your diamond encrusted crocodile skin wallet full of 50's and wave it in their face.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've travelled to several countries with this kind of rule. Never even had a check that I had a return ticket.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Normally countries require a visa before you fly and then check that kind of stuff during the visa application not after you arrive.
    Visa waivers for tourists typically require proof of sufficient funds, in practice this is based on number of known "overstayers"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Have a look at the Australian customs thing, they send people back for insufficient funds quite regularly.

Sometimes even for not washing enough. .
    Yeah but only dark-skinned people normally.

I wish when I was a kid I'd been given £75 daily spending money on holiday!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X