• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw on my Mac a little notification "38C" and was startled until I realised that was my CPU temperature.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The thermometer in my hallway says it's 29.5 degrees inside. It's 36 outside.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The thermometer in my hallway says it's 29.5 degrees inside. It's 36 outside.
        That's hard to believe. There are no hallways in bedsits.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

26.5 inside, 32.5 outside.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Same here just outside the city, several developments on farmland. many semi-detached at £1m+ They don't look homely at all. Conversely, there have been some nice one-offs done by local builders.
            People want convenience, some don't want an old probably a characteristic house as a do up. So they buy new , keep up with the Joneses, 2 cars in the drive and a curry meal for 4 from Tesco each night.

Most of these housing sites have a standard set of designs and they can have the fancy bolt on porch outside or customize certain aspects as in the brochure. It's a planners paradise as they all look the same, less complaints or objections during the planning phase. And they also integrate social housing amongst it

Comment

The entire point of night is that it cools down right? Wrong I woke up to my fan blowing warm air on me.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It was the hottest night in the UK ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ted-to-hit-40c

The mercury provisionally hit 25.9 in Emley Moor, West Yorkshire, easily exceeding the previous daily minimum of 23.9C recorded in Brighton in 1990.

Comment

F*** in France there is an arsonist driving around starting their fires.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

This is how 90% of new builds look like around in Surrey (on average 50 houses per year maybe mind you, typically next to a busy road or a railway):

Click image for larger version

Name:	19249342-0-image-a-56_1570100820470.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	4226418

Same tulip look, same tulip small windows. Absolutely no design changes from one development to another. Why the feck people in the UK buy this is beyond me (well actually I know, lack of absolutely any housing whatsoever).
                    I have worked with who like to brag about their sports cars, pilots licence and ski trips and hint at their high daily rate - I imagine they live in places like this but probably with block paved driveways.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The entire point of night is that it cools down right? Wrong I woke up to my fan blowing warm air on me.
                      That wasn't the fan ... that was NLUK, he was in your room
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X