• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Captain Tom Foundation being investigated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We actually discussed this months ago, that people were a bit suspicious of the foundation (not as already said, of Tom himself).
    I don't know there's suspicion on the family themselves? Is the implication outside people have homed in on them as potential suckers?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We actually discussed this months ago, that people were a bit suspicious of the foundation (not as already said, of Tom himself).
      I don't know there's suspicion on the family themselves? Is the implication outside people have homed in on them as potential suckers?
      You'd have to look closely at the situation but that's a potential outcome, or just complete mismanagement and greed by the inexperienced family members thrown in to the job rather than skilled to do it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can certainly see the temptation when you are raising 10s of millions to want a tiny share especially if you were helping out. A real test of your morals when all that cash is flowing past your eyes!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Only charities I give to are the Sally Army and the Dogs Trust both of which do good

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-800-000.html
            How can ordinary people that have been thrust in to the spotlight then go on to have the skills to run a charity properly?
            That is why charities are invariably run by rich public school types without the skills to run a charity properly.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I can certainly see the temptation when you are raising 10s of millions to want a tiny share especially if you were helping out. A real test of your morals when all that cash is flowing past your eyes!
              Most charity CEOs limit themselves to around an IT contractors income.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

That is why charities are invariably run by rich public school types without the skills to run a charity properly.
                Many charities have a commercial Ltd Co in the same name run in parallel
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Most charity CEOs limit themselves to around an IT contractors income.
                  what £500+ a day?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

what £500+ a day?
                    Inside or outside?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Inside or outside?
                      Ahhh.

Please don't start that again.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X