• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should they stay or should they go now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I expect there's a myriad of things like that which the union could, and should, do better that will benefit us all.
    And judging by how the uk government has done in the last years do you have realistic hopes for this?

Comment

it took 6 weeks to get hold of a printed copy of the tests so I could pass them onto my GP and be referred for follow ups.
      It regularly takes 5-6 weeks for my GP in london to get test results from the local NHS trust.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

And judging by how the uk government has done in the last years do you have realistic hopes for this?
        People need to realise there isn't a National Health Service, it's a collection of Trusts, most of which are hopelessly inefficient.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

<NoBrainer mode>
          They are obviously a bunch of knuckle dragging racists that don't appreciate being ruled by a un democratic remote government.
          They should vote leave and reap the whirlwind of losing subsidies and influence.
          They will be begging to rejoin a few days/years/decades/centuries/millennia after they dare to leave.
          Of course without the love and (in this case) money the motherland provide, their health and crime outcomes will of course be much better.
          Lets hope they keep the signs away from buses.
          </NoBrainer mode>

In touch with my inner remainer.

Maybe they think now oil is up the math makes sense.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

People need to realise there isn't a National Health Service, it's a collection of Trusts, most of which are hopelessly inefficient.
            how dare you say that the NHS is world beating if you are a manager looking for a good salary.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I agree. Boris is just the latest target for the SNP to bitch about as it's always easier to blame Westminster than it is to look at the local reasons for their issues.
              They have a national government which a huge majority of their country voted against. They have been forced to leave the EU even though they are hugely pro-EU. That is the biggest thing impacting them so it's not hard to see why this causes unrest and the geographical distance doesn't help either.

The only way the SNP could claim that any government isn't trying to stitch up Scotland on a daily basis is by getting an SNP-led government into Westminster. Why they don't field more candidates in England, I don't know.
              Because they're not quite that bloody stupid. Why would the English vote for an MP whose main priority is Scotland rather than their constituency?

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

That's a lazy come back. How far back do you want to go before you find a government that was all things to all people in order to recreate whatever rose-tinted view you have?

I fully believe that huge change in government and public services is needed. Sadly I don't think we've hit rock bottom yet for the peasants to revolt and demand that change. Partly that's because the alternatives either side of the border do not instil confidence and partly it's because no two people can agree on what that change should look like.

All parties lack someone with a clear vision and strength of character to implement it in the face of what is generally a noisy minority. Until that person turns up, we have what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  They have a national government which a huge majority of their country voted against. They have been forced to leave the EU even though they are hugely pro-EU. That is the biggest thing impacting them so it's not hard to see why this causes unrest and the geographical distance doesn't help either.
                  I completely understand the argument but that's the consequence of the vote being UK-wide. The nuances are drowned out for a few percentage point swings one way or the other that tipped the balance.

Because they're not quite that bloody stupid. Why would the English vote for an MP whose main priority is Scotland rather than their constituency?
                  The English are nothing if not contrary and it would not surprise me if they won a few seats here and there. Granted, they wouldn't get a government. However, if there was more significant SNP presence in Westminster, coming from English constituencies, it would make for an interesting change in the balance of power. I wonder if, with more central government influence, the need for independence might dissipate.

Comment

Working...
                  X