• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Anyone here with British Gas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

    And is your account in credit at the minute or not?

    Nice to see how it's the smart meter, Ofgem and the supplier who are at fault for your choice. Did the rate go from £120 to £220 in one jump? If so, a smart person would look at changing suppliers.
    In the current market only a grade A muppet would change suppliers (unless things were significantly changing like an electric car arriving).

    Have you been paying no attention to what Martin Lewis has been saying continually since October.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by WTFH View Post

      And is your account in credit at the minute or not?

      Nice to see how it's the smart meter, Ofgem and the supplier who are at fault for your choice. Did the rate go from £120 to £220 in one jump? If so, a smart person would look at changing suppliers.
      In credit by about £170. The DD went up in May in one go, and it's close to impossible to change suppliers unless you move house. Anecdotally, new customers are being fleeced even more than existing ones. My 'choice' was made a couple of years ago, when we were on a decent fixed price tarif. It ran out just as the brown stuff hit the fan, and we were unable to switch.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

      Comment


        #13
        Why is everyone feeding the troll? It's not remotely true as we well know. Just a post to garner more attention as usual.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

        Comment


          #14
          Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why is everyone feeding the troll? It's not remotely true as we well know. Just a post to garner more attention as usual.
          WTFH fed the troll with a stupid comment - we are calling out WTFH for being an idiot.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

          Comment


            #15
            Originally posted by WTFH View Post

            If you're not prepared to submit a reading yourself, I can't see the point in complaining! .
            I was naive about smart meters. As somebody posted above, they're obviously not very smart.

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Why is everyone feeding the troll? It's not remotely true as we well know. Just a post to garner more attention as usual.
              The gricer bot is obviously clinically depressed, as well as terminally thick. He's like Marvin the Paranoid Android, but thick.

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

                The gricer bot is obviously clinically depressed, as well as terminally thick. He's like Marvin the Paranoid Android, but thick.
                Somebody earlier sent me a private message detailing how I can filter out certain posters. Goodbye.

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Submit a reading.

                  And switch to DD payments, it's cheaper.

                  If you are actually overpaying then there will be a credit on your account when they get a real reading. Then they will recalculate.
                  It used to be cheaper on DD. Not any more as you’ll be paying the price cap no matter what method. I cancelled DDs when my supplier went pop and have no intention of turning them until a discount is offered.
                  See You Next Tuesday

                  Comment


                    #19
                    Originally posted by eek View Post

                    WTFH fed the troll with a stupid comment - we are calling out WTFH for being an idiot.
                    Ahhh. As you were then
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                    Comment


                      #20
                      I use Twitter in preference to call-centres. Often gets a direct response.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X