• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Anyone here with British Gas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by mattster View Post

    It's either that or lend it to your bank at 0.1%, and I'd rather be surprised to the upside when the real bill comes than the other way around.
    Well one thing's for sure - I won't be using much gas over the coming winter as the huge pile of unseasoned logs that I bought last year will be ready for the woodburner

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

      Well one thing's for sure - I won't be using much gas over the coming winter as the huge pile of unseasoned logs that I bought last year will be ready for the woodburner
      And the number of asthma and breathing difficulty deaths will go up this winter...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

        And the number of asthma and breathing difficulty deaths will go up this winter...
        Well, you could make that argument if I lived in a built up area but I don't.

        I bet you're one of those people who wanted us all welded into our houses CCP stylee during the lockdowns
        Last edited by Guy At Charnock Richard; 10 June 2022, 11:55. Reason: Edit: Spelling

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

          Well one thing's for sure - I won't be using much gas over the coming winter as the huge pile of unseasoned logs that I bought last year will be ready for the woodburner
          That could cause FOG

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

            And the number of asthma and breathing difficulty deaths will go up this winter...
            Oh well. Can't please everyone. Just make sure it's a modern, defra-approved stove and the wood is properly seasoned. Invest in a moisture meter.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by d000hg View Post

              Oh well. Can't please everyone. Just make sure it's a modern, defra-approved stove and the wood is properly seasoned. Invest in a moisture meter.
              To be fair I heard the whining last winter over people turning to wood stoves.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

              Comment


                #37
                Ok this is getting frustrating now....

                I've set myself a reminder to submit an electric and gas meter reading today (as next bill due on the 19th) so I jotted them down, went to British Gas and looked for the page that allows you to submit readings and guess what?

                Because I have a smart meter (which doesn't work hence my OP), I can't submit meter readings via their website because "Smart meters work automatically and take all the pain out of managing your energy usage". So I've got to go on their fecking confounded chat app and lose another hour of my life just to get the meter reading to them

                Comment


                  #38
                  FOG

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
                    FOG
                    stop
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

                    Comment


                      #40
                      POD

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X