• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone here with British Gas?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm sure we'll hear all the details in due course.
    Haven't we suffered enough yet?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm sure we'll hear all the details in due course.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Yes they are. MSE was even recommending people might want to switch suppliers last week.
    Then the solution is simple - the sockie needs to move his "account" from British Gas to random other supplier.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Unfortunately no other energy supplier will take him on.

Because they aren't taking anyone else on not because he's a ....
    Yes they are. MSE was even recommending people might want to switch suppliers last week.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Just leave BG. Or cancel your DD.
    Unfortunately no other energy supplier will take him on.

Because they aren't taking anyone else on not because he's a ....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Back to page 1 - he doesn't pay by DD because that means BG has £100million of his money sitting in their bank all the time, or some such twaddle.
    Maybe he should get a prepayment meter. PAYG.

Leave a comment:

• Guy At Charnock Richard
    replied

Back to page 1 - he doesn't pay by DD because that means BG has £100million of his money sitting in their bank all the time, or some such twaddle.
    Well if they'd accept regular meter readings so that I get billed accurately I'd set up DD but I'm not going to do than when they stick me with an estimate amounting to more than twice the amount of energy I've actually used. Yes, it balances out in the end but I am trying to stick to a monthly budget.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Put in a complaint to them in writing and escalate it, until they are forced to sort it out or at least compensate you for the time taken on the phone each time.

As usual the problem is between the computer and chair.

Yes, I have submitted a complaint via their complaints page & I'm keeping transcripts of all chats in case I need to take this to the ombudsman

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

Not British Gas - you log into your account and follow the link to submit a reading and you get taken to a page telling you that you have a smart meter and you don't need to submit a meter because it does it all for you. Pile of cr@p
    Put in a complaint to them in writing and escalate it, until they are forced to sort it out or at least compensate you for the time taken on the phone each time.

As usual the problem is between the computer and chair.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Most energy companies allow you to submit a reading on their website.
    Not British Gas - you log into your account and follow the link to submit a reading and you get taken to a page telling you that you have a smart meter and you don't need to submit a meter because it does it all for you. Pile of cr@p

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

False

Your issue is probably with:
    1. User
    2. User refusing to use Direct Debit
    3. User trolling them
    4. Energy company wanting rid of user because of the user.
    5. Gricer being a fantasist.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post
    So, according to the Money Saving Expert forum, once you have a smart meter that's it; you can't downgrade. In fact most energy companies claim not to even have old meters. Only way to submit your reading is joining the interminably long queue on their chat.
    False

Your issue is probably with:
    1. User
    2. User refusing to use Direct Debit
    3. User trolling them
    4. Energy company wanting rid of user because of the user.

Leave a comment:

replied
    So, according to the Money Saving Expert forum, once you have a smart meter that's it; you can't downgrade. In fact most energy companies claim not to even have old meters. Only way to submit your reading is joining the interminably long queue on their chat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X