• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Boris

"Johnson’s lurch to the right adds to momentum for leadership vote

Several Tory MPs believe the 54-letter threshold has been reached and that a challenge to PM could be mounted as soon as next week

Boris Johnson’s lurch to the right after Partygate is fuelling even more anger among rebel Tory MPs, with momentum now building for a leadership challenge next week.

Conservative whips spent the first day of recess anxiously phoning round the parliamentary party to shore up support for the prime minister, as three more MPs called on him to resign, including Jeremy Wright, the former attorney general.

Several Tory MPs told the Guardian they believed the threshold of 54 letters withdrawing support for Johnson was close to being crossed – or may have been already. This would trigger a secret ballot on whether they still have confidence in the prime minister."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eadership-vote

As much as I hate the guy it seems very stupid to change PM during World War 3

The UK changed PM at the start of WWII so I wouldn't worry.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If they don't want him leading them into the next GE then they need to act sooner rather than later. Binning him next year would be cutting it fine.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Bunter doesn't even have "A piece of paper" to wave about from the current fascist lune.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Oh dear!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2090742.html

A cert
          ain Ms Leadsom is rattling cages.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 31 May 2022, 09:32.

Comment

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/31/labou...alls-16740948/

Even though it is all about the by-elections.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              If they don't want him leading them into the next GE then they need to act sooner rather than later. Binning him next year would be cutting it fine.
              I guess they want to gauge if people are getting over the party stuff now the report is done and dusted. A no-confidence vote which he survives (seems somewhat likely) would risk weakening their position.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

To shut everybody up, I wouldn't be surprised if BoJo encourages a few Tories to put in a letter so they reach the threshold, have a vote and Bojo survives for a year at least and he will remain until the next GE and beyond

Comment

There is a big gap between the 54 letters needed to cause a vote and the 180-odd nay votes needed to unseat him.

I've noticed a lot of the letter writers are newly elected Red Wall people plus a few who see themselves as likely candidates.

Talking of which, none of the likely candidates look even vaguely like vote winners, which Boris undoubtedly is for some mysterious reason.

The most likely time will be at or shortly after the Conference, according to some commentators. Much after that it would do more harm than good fo rh the next election.

And I suspect most thinking MPs (they do exist apparently) will stick with Boris, warts and all, rather than risk a Lab/SNP coalition nightmare with a Hunt or a Leadsome in charge....

But who knows. Westminster is only interested in its own little world.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

More Boris doom, the twittersphere is full of rumours of an affair between Carrie and Zac Goldsmith. Soon another ex-wife for Boris to pay?

Comment

Working...
                    X