• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    There is a big gap between the 54 letters needed to cause a vote and the 180-odd nay votes needed to unseat him.

I've noticed a lot of the letter writers are newly elected Red Wall people plus a few who see themselves as likely candidates.
    Interesting, I thought a lot of the RW Tory MPs owed their election quite directly to Boris.

Reading something on BBC yesterday Boris has made it clear he would remain on however narrowly he survived a confidence vote, rather than quit if he doesn't get a strong result, which would really just weaken the party.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Interesting, I thought a lot of the RW Tory MPs owed their election quite directly to Boris.
      They might have won their seat due to him but that doesn't mean they support him

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

They might have won their seat due to him but that doesn't mean they support him
        If they were voted in due to Boris and try to oust him, they are not going to last long. But then MPs in these regions are typically not very astute, 3rd-tier types who never expected to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          More Boris doom, the twittersphere is full of rumours of an affair between Carrie and Zac Goldsmith. Soon another ex-wife for Boris to pay?
          And another 2 kids for him to support.

Couldn't happen to a more faithful bloke....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If they were voted in due to Boris and try to oust him, they are not going to last long. But then MPs in these regions are typically not very astute, 3rd-tier types who never expected to win.
            They may not last long anyway regardless of what happens to Boris.

Comment

If they were voted in due to Boris and try to oust him, they are not going to last long.But then MPs in these regions are typically not very astute, 3rd-tier types who never expected to win.
              Well someone has to win, I suppose the 3rd tier Labour MPs never expected to win either! Just to become an MP in a major party takes some persistence and determination, not to mention skulduggery. Andrea Jenkins has managed to hold her seat since 2015 after toppling Mr Balls in what was a very traditional Labour area.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Well someone has to win, I suppose the 3rd tier Labour MPs never expected to win either! Just to become an MP in a major party takes some persistence and determination, not to mention skulduggery. Andrea Jenkins has managed to hold her seat since 2015 after toppling Mr Balls in what was a very traditional Labour area.
                She is probably a better constituency MP than Mr Balls e.g. she turns up to multiple local events for 5-10 minutes for photo ops.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

It must be a strange life being a perennial challenger who is unlikely to win. The amount of work that goes in without getting the MP salary. Or for that matter, someone in a swing seat who could find themselves in and out several times. Not exactly a stable existence.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    And another 2 kids for Lord of Siberia to support.
                    FTFY

Comment

It must be a strange life being a perennial challenger who is unlikely to win. The amount of work that goes in without getting the MP salary. Or for that matter, someone in a swing seat who could find themselves in and out several times. Not exactly a stable existence.
                      Ahh, but here is the rub, if in a suicide seat you increase the vote, then you can become a contender in an easier or shoe-in seat.

Or you have loads of money the right woke mix and you get parachuted into a seat where you have no relationship whatsoever.

Rishi Sunak selected as Parliamentary Candidate | Richmond (Yorks) (richmondconservatives.org.uk)
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X