• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partygate (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well the PM specifically said he wanted everyone to wait until the full report came out so no not really. He's been delaying proper discussion on the issue.
    Well it is a bit daft to discuss something that doesn't exist. Otherwise you're discussing hearsay and speculation based on items selectively leaked with no context or proper investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      There is a difference between organising a party and sticking your head through a door at a party to say goodbye to a long serving colleague.
      That's true and I nearly said the same, but there is a difference when you are the boss. If you walk in on a party in your company you shouldn't make a quick toast and leave them to it, you should kick their arses out of there and enact disciplinary procedures. It might not be personal rule-breaking but it's terrible leadership and worse judgement for someone who lives in the public eye.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Well it is a bit daft to discuss something that doesn't exist. Otherwise you're discussing hearsay and speculation based on items selectively leaked with no context or proper investigation.
        But that means we can't say "time to move on" until we've had a chance to see the report.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

But that means we can't say "time to move on" until we've had a chance to see the report.
          So until then, we have to put up with dross in the news, on the radio, etc. This is what I'm utterly fed up of. Rehashing over stuff already leaked, frothing over a new photo someone found.

Comment

Boris was recently out of hospital after nearly dying, he'd just chaired a series of meetings and had more to do and got waylaid with a surprise Birthday drink and cake by his staff who'd been working equally as hard. So he stopped and had a drink and a little banter before getting back to work. I don't care if it broke any rules I want the government to do its job as well as it can and I can't think of anyone else who would have or would do the job better. I also don't care about beer gate and just hope the opposition can get with the times and help solve the real problems the world is currently facing.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              Boris was recently out of hospital after nearly dying, he'd just chaired a series of meetings and had more to do and got waylaid with a surprise Birthday drink and cake by his staff who'd been working equally as hard. So he stopped and had a drink and a little banter before getting back to work. I don't care if it broke any rules I want the government to do its job as well as it can and I can't think of anyone else who would have or would do the job better. I also don't care about beer gate and just hope the opposition can get with the times and help solve the real problems the world is currently facing.
              Recently out of hospital?

Surprised by birthday cake?

Blame the opposition?

The real problems in this country are caused by the Prime Minister, his government, their actions, and their supporters who will support them through anything, while refusing to accept the reality of the situation.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Which is....?

That's what people are trying to say. But all we hear is cries of incompetence which isn't supportable if you take your fingers out of your ears.

Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Which is....?

That's what people are trying to say. But all we hear is cries of incompetence which isn't supportable if you take your fingers out of your ears.
                  The reality is that Boris lied to the queen, he lied to parliament, he lied to the country and he wants to renege on agreements he signed.

Is that enough, or are we supposed to ignore that?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The reality is that Boris lied to the queen, he lied to parliament, he lied to the country and he wants to renege on agreements he signed.

Is that enough, or are we supposed to ignore that?
                    No, obviously but which of those has led to a bad outcome?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No, obviously but which of those has led to a bad outcome?
                      What about giving contracts to mates for dodgy PPE - i.e. giving money away when eh country is broke for product that wasn't up to scratch, costing people's lives

Comment

Working...
                      X