• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partygate (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Leaving aside all the coronavirus nonsense, how can they have so many parties? We contractors are restricted to one or two parties per year otherwise we have to pay tax on them as a benefit in kind. The “expert” says that even this might not be allowed if the company is caught by IR35 (which doesn’t make much sense since AFAIK companies can’t be caught by IR35, only engagements).

How do we claim back the cost of our champagne and cake (or curry for communists)?
    Well it was prosecco not champers so that kept the cost down. The wine came from Tesco and it was probably a Lidl copy of a colin the caterpillar cake. I reckon if you tallied it all up at £150 p/person they were under budget.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Well it was prosecco not champers so that kept the cost down. The wine came from Tesco and it was probably a Lidl copy of a colin the caterpillar cake. I reckon if you tallied it all up at £150 p/person they were under budget.
      You forgot to price the suitcases!
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post

I am invited to the party at ClientCo, but not going because there’s that tiny chance it could tip me into IR35 and cost me eighty grand in extra tax. So, feeling a bit down about that.

Not sure why Boris can have all these parties while stopping me from going to mine. He needs to resign.

I've been to ClientCo parties but they make it clear that suppliers are invited. I've also not been allowed to go to a couple of ClientCo parties. With one as half the department were contractors the other staff all refused to go so we had our own.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I've been to ClientCo parties but they make it clear that suppliers are invited. I've also not been allowed to go to a couple of ClientCo parties. With one as half the department were contractors the other staff all refused to go so we had our own.
          Complete with pictures of caviar with bolly body shots and sniffing marching powder off young models private parts one hopes? Its the contractor way!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X