• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would happen if Ukraine were to join NATO, today?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      What would happen if Ukraine were to join NATO, today?
      WW3

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

WW3
        Just because that's a possibility it shouldn't prevent us from doing what is right! Putin needs to be stopped and that will take more than Ukraine alone.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Just because that's a possibility it shouldn't prevent us from doing what is right!
          Russian having 5000+ nukes absolutely prevents us from doing what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Russian having 5000+ nukes absolutely prevents us from doing what is right.
            Indeed.

How about this for an idea, not 100% tongue in cheek: Could Russia join NATO?

We could spin it to them with the same reasoning that remainers say the UK should remain in the EU - that we can reform it (to our benefit). That Russia could reform NATO to become a form of inclusive alliance with a lesser focus on defence. Oh I don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Comment

Just because that's a possibility it shouldn't prevent us from doing what is right! Putin needs to be stopped and that will take more than Ukraine alone.
              A full worldwide nuclear war would be worse than any amount shenanigans Putin might pursue. Glad I don't have to make a decision like this.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Indeed.

We could spin it to them with the same reasoning that remainers say the UK should remain in the EU - that we can reform it (to our benefit). That Russia could reform NATO to become a form of inclusive alliance with a lesser focus on defence. Oh I don't know what I'm talking about lol.
                Believe it or not, the idea of Russia joining NATO has been discussed occasionally in the past: Russia–NATO relations
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Indeed.

Putin wants an empire, he thinks he's the reincarnation of "Peter the Great". Russia joining NATO wouldn't quench his lust for power and it would seriously piss off China.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Putin wants an empire, he thinks he's the reincarnation of "Peter the Great". Russia joining NATO wouldn't quench his lust for power and it would seriously piss off China.
                    OTOH, if it came to a choice of which to have on your side, I know which I'd choose, and it wouldn't be China!

Luckily, China's foreign policy skills are almost as cack-handed as the Yanks, which is saying something, and they'll end up rubbing everyone up the wrong way and shooting themselves in the foot before too long!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

.. and it would seriously piss off China.
                      Send China an invite too!

Comment

Working...
                      X