• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you thinking it could end up like East/West Germany?
    I've heard that exact comparison claimed as a desired outcome but then I've heard about 100 different things claimed.

Maybe people outside Russia secretly decide it's finally time to 'remove' Putin the way they never did Hitler.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I don't know if it's true or not but I have heard it said that Putin has amassed a personal fortune by skimming off the Russian State.

If so, I wonder where this fortune is? Presumably not in his name, nor inside Russia?

It would certainly be worth trying to target this.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you thinking it could end up like East/West Germany?
        Yes, but for about ten years until Putin falls
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          I don't know if it's true or not but I have heard it said that Putin has amassed a personal fortune by skimming off the Russian State.

If so, I wonder where this fortune is? Presumably not in his name, nor inside Russia?

I would suspect it will be invested deep into other nations assets (or major celebrity assets), e.g. media, leisure industry, museums/art, and of course, property.
          If he's had money in banking/insurance, I would expect he'll want to move it out as every building he hits that has insurance will be a reduction in profits for those companies.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's partly why the oligarchs are being targeted. It is suspected that lots of his assets are in their or their family members names.

Unfortunately the UK government has put a loophole in their sanctions.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That's partly why the oligarchs are being targeted. It is suspected that lots of his assets are in their or their family members names.

Unfortunately the UK government has put a loophole in their sanctions.
              You think that is some oversight by the Tory scum government? This is exactly to protect Tory interests. Russian mafia money is Tory funding.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Then Kiev could end up looking like this (Grosny)

Click image for larger version

Name:	The-capital-of-the-Chechen-Republic-Grozny-End-of-1990s.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	4207173
                Yes unfortunately.

The Ukrainians will not surrender willingly to Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

You think that is some oversight by the Tory scum government? This is exactly to protect Tory interests. Russian mafia money is Tory funding.
                  I heard it on the radio and thought you f***** bastards.

Link - https://inews.co.uk/news/government-...assets-1490017

Comment

Initially, option 1. Ultimately, though, it could be 4. He ain't stopping at Ukraine.

Comment

As leader of Russia all this time, it would be incredible if he didn't. He hardly needs to skim it from anywhere though. Secret accounts, gold bars under the bed...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X