• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Cruelty at

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Cruelty at

... the winter Olympics.

I wonder if she is going to "accidentally" fall out of a high window when she gets home to get her coaches of the hook?

https://www.eurosport.com/figure-ska...96/story.shtml

Coach Eteri Tutberidze’s first words to Kamila Valieva on her exit from the ice rink after she lost out on a medal in the ladies’ singles were to ask her, “why did you let it go?”
    Valieva was the focus of all the build-up to Thursday’s free skate and had the pressure of the world’s attention on her as she skated on following the revelation that she failed a doping test on December 25.

A Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling allowed her to compete in the singles, having already won gold in the team event, but CAS will later take a view on whether she can keep that medal.

The focus has firmly been on Valieva’s wider entourage, with former figure skater Adam Rippon telling Eurosport that the adults around Valieva had “completely failed her” in an interview on Thursday.

Valieva made a series of errors in her routine and departed the ice in tears.

She was greeted by coach Tutberidze, whose initial words were picked up by cameras.

"Why did you let it go?” she said to Valieva. “Explain it to me, why.

“Why did [you] stop fighting? You let it go after that axel. Why?"

Valieva's team-mate Alexandra Trusova was also the subject of stormy scenes after the event, as she was pictured looking angry and tearful ahead of her podium appearance for winning silver.

Trusova was heard to say: “I will never go out on the ice again. Never! I hate!

“It's impossible! You can not do it this way! I'm not going to the awards! Everyone has a gold medal! Only I don't! I hate it all!"
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I saw a really striking picture the other day but I can't find it. It was one of the Russian skaters bent over in tears sitting with two people. She had a stuffed fluffy dog on her lap. It was striking because it was a very stark reminder that these are just kids. 15 year olds still hugging fave soft toys. They are still kids really. The pressure must be unbelievable. How does a 15 year old come back from all this. Must be harrowing.

EDIT. Ah here is one. Not the one I was thinking but still

Click image for larger version

Name:	c4310000-0aff-0242-65ad-08d9f2a99281_w1023_r1_s.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	4205663
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Our middle daughter who is into rowing has met a few Olympians and she is very impressed with their drive and back stories. As you say many are just kids representing their country at the highest level.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was reading the autobiography of Louis Zamperini who would probably have been the first to break the four minute mile, if it hadn't been for ill-treatment at the hands of the Japanese during WW2.

He commented that in his day, you did your best, and if you lost you didn't fuss and you congratulated the winner. Of course, now there's much more money in it and far more pressure.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I saw a really striking picture the other day but I can't find it. It was one of the Russian skaters bent over in tears sitting with two people. She had a stuffed fluffy dog on her lap. It was striking because it was a very stark reminder that these are just kids. 15 year olds still hugging fave soft toys. They are still kids really. The pressure must be unbelievable. How does a 15 year old come back from all this. </snip> ​
          They don't.

They are just "cannon fodder" who can easily be replaced by the next "up and coming" teenager in the group in countries who have a system of training. They do it with long distance runners in Kenya and the results for individuals can be devastating, but at least they are adults when everything explodes.

All sports need to start looking properly at the age they allow people to compete in the Olympics and other international competitions. Gymnastics had to do it due to the amount of screwed upness that happened in the sport especially in some countries.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            ... the winter Olympics.

I wonder if she is going to "accidentally" fall out of a high window when she gets home to get her coaches of the hook?

https://www.eurosport.com/figure-ska...96/story.shtml

Coach Eteri Tutberidze’s first words to Kamila Valieva on her exit from the ice rink after she lost out on a medal in the ladies’ singles were to ask her, “why did you let it go?”
            Valieva was the focus of all the build-up to Thursday’s free skate and had the pressure of the world’s attention on her as she skated on following the revelation that she failed a doping test on December 25.

A Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling allowed her to compete in the singles, having already won gold in the team event, but CAS will later take a view on whether she can keep that medal.

The focus has firmly been on Valieva’s wider entourage, with former figure skater Adam Rippon telling Eurosport that the adults around Valieva had “completely failed her” in an interview on Thursday.

Valieva made a series of errors in her routine and departed the ice in tears.

She was greeted by coach Tutberidze, whose initial words were picked up by cameras.

"Why did you let it go?” she said to Valieva. “Explain it to me, why.

“Why did [you] stop fighting? You let it go after that axel. Why?"

Valieva's team-mate Alexandra Trusova was also the subject of stormy scenes after the event, as she was pictured looking angry and tearful ahead of her podium appearance for winning silver.

Trusova was heard to say: “I will never go out on the ice again. Never! I hate!

“It's impossible! You can not do it this way! I'm not going to the awards! Everyone has a gold medal! Only I don't! I hate it all!"
            That coach has produced the best figure skaters in the world, I don't think she will be sweating too much

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

That coach has produced the best figure skaters in the world, I don't think she will be sweating too much
              Indeed. That's just how some countries still do it. It certainly gets results if you don't care about the people involved.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

Be ware of people who don't sweat much and are seen educating/grooming/punishing teenage girls.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happened to come across this which is interesting in the context... Rafael Nadal: The 'tough love' that shaped a 21-time Grand Slam champion
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X