• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Be Cruel to be Kind

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Cruel to be Kind

Luckily I know sensible pet owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ption-say-vets
    From open-heart surgery on a snake to putting your dog through chemotherapy, there have never been so many options to treat unwell pets. But vets are warning that too many owners are spending huge amounts of money on keeping their pets alive, even when it’s not always the most humane option.

Channel 4’s Supervet and news stories such as Goldie the pufferfish’s tooth surgery are making pet-owners aware of the increasingly advanced and complex surgical and medical procedures that pets can undergo.

While veterinary science has made impressive advances in recent years, allowing many pets to be healthier for longer, vets warn that extending an animal’s life at all costs is not always the best option for them, and can result in bills worth thousands of pounds for their owners.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Yes, I understand that, having been to Fitzpatrick with The DogTW after she paralysed herself. This is one week after surgery:

And 4 years later
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My cat had a problem, so we took her to emergency vet. Turned out not to be anything serious (but it could have been). Cost about £500. That's more than I paid for the cat from the shelter!

If she gets too expensive to treat, then it'll be sleepy-byes.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thanks have that earwig back!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good lord that's a middle-class dog - beer not good enough?!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The tennis ball is for WTFH.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              She’ll only drink draft, and I only had bottles when this was taken.

Comment

Sorry for the delay replying, someone said there was a ball somewhere…

Comment

Not got any live pets but I did mend my little puppet parrot's squawker with a polythene bag a while ago.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X